After another night of working until the wee hours of the am and then up only a few hours later to continue working, my studly husband needed a good, hearty, healthy breakfast. Since I was still on quarantine from work by Dr’s orders and he was immune to my (and all other) germs, like any good at-home wife would do, I made him breakfast.
So, now it was the ‘what’s-in-the-fridge’ game. I came up with eggs, a yellow bell pepper, parmesan, garlic, onion, tomato, and an avocado (which ended up being over ripe…sad). Omelette it is.
So I sauteed up the garlic, onion, pepper, and tomato and added salt, fresh cracked pepper, a some fresh lemon thyme from the plant in our window.
Then, the eggs. This when I remembered that I wanted to try a seed starting technique of using egg shells. So I carefully cracked just the top of the egg and then carefully rinsed out the shells and placed them in the egg containers we’d been saving to start the seeds. This picture shows 3 eggs, but I actually ended up cracking another and using it too. Dan was hungry.
A mix of all those eggs and then a heat of a (non stick) skillet with a spray of oil,
and as the mixed egg cooked, I shredded in about a 1/4 cup of parmesan.
Once the egg was mostly cooked, I added the pepper, onion, tomato mixture…
And flipped. Aw yea.
A super hearty, but healthy 4 egg omelette for my super studly, hardworking husband! Wife win.
- 4 eggs (yeah I have a hungry active husband...)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, lemon thyme to taste
- olive oil
- Saute garlic, onion, pepper, and tomato in oil. Add salt, pepper, and lemon thyme to taste.
- Mix eggs well. Pour into oiled saute pan and let cook for a few minutes on medium.
- While cooking, shred in fresh parm. When the eggs are almost cooked (only a tiny bit runny still) add pepper, onion, tomato mixture to half of the egg.
- Carefully flip the other half of egg onto itself. Let cook for another couple of minutes, remove from pan and serve!