Ahhh Sundays. While Saturdays are filled with errands, cleaning the house, then ending late at the bar with friends, Sundays are meant for sleeping in, relaxing, and maybe a little football. This Sunday was made of all three. We’d been at the bar late Saturday after a party and as a result, slept in Sunday. I had a day of studying ahead of me and my studly husband was going to go play some flag football with the guys. Which meant he needed a manly cheddar bacon omelette so he’d have a full belly before heading out to play with the boys.A little saute of some garlic, onions, mushroom, salt and pepper while the bacon fried away on the griddle. Mmm… bacon.A mix of 4 eggs (again, a manly omelette for my football playing man) into a pan with shredded extra sharp Tillamook cheddar on top melted in. Then the mushrooms and onions and crumbled bacon on one side.Flipped and finished in the pan then topped with a few fresh slices of avocado, and my man had a cheesy, mushroomy, bacony plate of deliciousness. The heartiest of hearty post-drinking-pre-football breakfasts!
According to my happy husband this is delicious. Will definitely have to make this one again, but only on Sundays with lots of physical activity planned for the rest of the day 😉
- 4 eggs, beated
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a small white onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Cook bacon until crispy. Saute garlic, onions, and mushrooms in a pan with a dash of olive oil for about 5-7 minutes until mushrooms are soft and onions are translucent. Set aside onions and mushrooms and in the same pan, spray a bit of cooking oil into pan to coat, then pour in beaten eggs. Cook on medium for about 3-5 minutes, add the shredded cheese, and be sure to lift edges of eggs up to prevent sticking. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and the egg is mostly cooked. Add onion and mushroom mixture to one side of the eggs, then slowly flip other side on top of mushroom and onion mixture. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until egg is completely cooked.
- Slide on to a plate, top with couple of slices of avocado, and enjoy!