Remember that uber fresh Green Salsa we made? It’s only purpose was to be added into this amazing Crock Pot Pork Verde, one of my husbands favorites. It was well worth the sacrifice.
Not only is this a crock pot meal, which means it’s perfect for our busy week night schedules, but it’s a meal that can be turned into tacos, which makes it a perfect anytime meal in this household. The prep is minimal, all of the ingredients are super fresh, and it’s freakin’ delicious. It’s so delicious, we’ve already planned on making it again in a couple of days because the left-overs are now gone and we miss it. Now be warned, your house will smell so good you’ll start salivating when you walk in the door. It’s times like this when I feel so badly for our pup, Nigel, having to be in such a delicious smelling house all day! The pork is amazingly tender and perfect for tacos!Me being the super hungry preggo that I am who couldn’t wait the 2 minutes to get anything else out of the fridge to add to these tacos (including some frozen homemade flour tortillas that just needed to be thawed) just filled a store bought flour tortillawith the pork deliciousness and went to town. (I’ve been keeping store bought tortillas on hand for just this type of code red hangry)I thought it was delicious. My husband and our little brother who had come over for dinner added sour cream, homemade guacamole, homemade pico, and extra sharp cheddar cheese. Extra delicious.
Another crock pot dinner win!
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin (or shoulder), cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Green Salsa*
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 lb roma tomatoes, diced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic then cook and stir until fragrant. Add the cubed pork, and cook until browned on the outside.
- Transfer the pork, onions, and garlic to a slow cooker, and stir in the green salsa, jalapeno peppers, and tomatoes.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6-8 hours.
- *Make your own Green Salsa From Scratch! http://www.servedfromscratch.com/fresh-green-salsa-from-scratch/