Did you know you can make your own Caramel Sauce in less than 20 minutes and with only 5 ingredients? I had no idea it was so easy! I have a new dessert snack that I’m working on and I needed caramels, so naturally I looked up to see how to make your own. ‘Cause that’s how we roll around here.
I love recipes that are this easy and that use other from scratch condiments that we’ve already made! Have you made brown sugar or vanilla extract from scratch yet? They’re also just as easy.How easy is this recipe? Just toss everything into a saucepan and whisk it all together……pour it in a jar and let cool in the fridge for about 10 minutes……and then you’re done! Easy, right? Keep and eye out for the tasty snack I use this for, but this would also be amazing on some (also easy) No Churn Caramelized White Chocolate Ice Cream or any other frozen summer treats!
And be sure to keep an eye out for the treat I’ll be making with this sauce! Things move a little slower around here these days though- funny how having a little one around can do that! 😉
- 1 packed cup brown sugar*
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract**
- Over medium low heat, mix the sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan.
- Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Remove from heat, let cool slightly then pour the sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold.
- *Make your OWN Brown Sugar! http://www.servedfromscratch.com/homemade-brown-sugar/
- **Make your OWN Vanilla Extract! http://www.servedfromscratch.com/vanilla-extract-from-scratch/