Bring on Summer with this Teriyaki Shrimp Salad with a fresh light Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette. Easy, healthy, and full of color!
Suuunnn! Oh my gosh I can feel summer coming. We’ve finally had some glorious summer-like days here in Portland and I am beyond ready. We just totally splurged on a brand spakin’ new grill for the first summer in our new home and I am shopping for some new deck furniture for ultimate lounging and summer relaxing. In the meantime, I’m getting ready for summer with salads like this Teriyaki Shrimp Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette, which is my new favorite. This salad is so fresh. And remember that Homemade Teriyaki Sauce? It is perfect marinade for some fresh shrimp.
I pretty much live on big salads. It’s what I pack for my lunch everyday during the week. Although the salads I hurriedly eat at my desk at work while attached to a pump, have nothing on this salad. Those are usually just a mix of whatever vegetables we had in the house thrown into a tupperware container.
Unlike my Monday – Friday lunch salads, this salad has a homemade bright, light, fresh Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette. Not the mention these sauteed shrimp in Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
Add those bad boys to a beautiful bowl of fresh grape tomatoes, red onion, English cucumber, orange peppers, and corn. We happened to have some fresh corn on the cob leftover from dinner the night before, so it was perfect to add to this salad. Canned or frozen would of course also work, but fresh off the cob is always my preferred!
Top all those gorgeous veggies and shrimp with that vinaigrette, and I’m far from those weekday salads with this Teriyaki Shrimp Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette!Teriyaki Shrimp Salad with Seasame Ginger Vinaigrette- my new summer salad favorite!
Happy Summer Salad-ing, friends!
- 1 lb of de-veined, peeled shrimp
- 6-7 romaine lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 orange pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 ear of fresh corn, cooked and removed from cob. Or 3/4 cup of canned or frozen corn.
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce*
- Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Mix shrimp and teriyaki sauce in a bowl to marinate.
- Prep the veggies. Add romaine lettuce to a bowl and then layer the remaining veggies on top.
- Heat a large skillet to medium / medium low and add shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes on one side and then flip each shrimp to cook on other side for another 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl add all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette and whisk.
- When shrimp is done, remove from pan and top on salad.
- Dress with vinaigrette, to taste.
- *Make your own Teriyaki Sauce! http://www.servedfromscratch.com/homemade-teriyaki-sauce/