Vodka Watermelon Mint Salad – a cooling, refreshing, summer salad that’s fresh and minty and perfect for just the adults!
You know it’s officially summer time when the stores are filled with big, juicy, delicious watermelons! I love watermelon. When I was a kid, my mom would cut off a big chunk of the end for me, set me up outside on a picnic table in our yard, and I’d happily eat away at it with a spoon. This salad though, is definitely not for kids! We had a couple of friends over last night and I served this salad as a side to our meal. Super simple, but so delicious with the added kick of vodka. 🙂 A little mint and even a touch or salt really brings out the flavors in the melon. This will definitely be a staple this summer at our (adult only) BBQs!
- Watermelon Vodka Mint Salad
- 1/2 a large watermelon cut into cubes
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup of vodka
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint
- pinch of kosher salt
- Cut watermelon in half then cube and put into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, juice orange and add vodka. Pour vodka and juice mixture over watermelon, mix, sprinkle pinch of salt, mix, and add chopped mint and do one final mix.
- Add more mint / salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour then serve.