It's so much easier than you think! With just 4 ingredients you can make your own Peanut Butter From Scratch at home!
Is there anything more satisfying than that moment when you make your own condiment? That thing that you've been buying in a jar or a tub for your whole life and then *boom* you make it yourself! The power! The excitement! That's exactly how I felt the first time we made this Peanut Butter From Scratch!
Even better, it's incredibly easy to make and the ingredients are super simple.
- Peanuts (raw and skinned)
- Peanut oil
Make sure your peanuts are totally raw, without their skins, and salt free. You can usually find them in the bulk section of your grocery store.
How to make Peanut Butter From Scratch:
- Pan (or wok) fry peanuts in peanut oil
- Let them cool completely
- Once cooled, add everything to a food processor and blend away until it's smooth!
- Be sure that you watch your peanuts when you're frying them. You want to slowly stir them the whole time your frying on high to avoid this. Once the heat is turned down, you can stir a couple of times a minute.
- Make sure they cool completely! Definitely give it the full 20 minutes.
- Scrape down the edges of the food processor to make sure it's all incorporated.
- Adjust to your taste! If you like your peanut butter sweeter, add more honey. If you like your peanut butter saltier, add more salt!
Why buy store bought when you can have this creamy dreamy peanut butter at home?
- 1 lb of raw skinned peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- Heat peanut oil in wok or large frying pan on medium to high heat. When the oil starts to simmer add the peanuts and cook for one minute stirring constantly. Then turn the heat down to medium and then fry to another 7-10 minutes until they are a deep golden brown.
- On a pan lined with paper towels, cool the peanuts completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Once they are cooled put the peanuts in a food processor, add honey and salt, and blend until creamy, 5 minutes, remembering to scrape down the sides.
- Store in an airtight container.