Eggs. Ohh eggs. I could eat them every single stinkin’ day. This is why I say (almost every day) that we need chickens. I want chickens soooo badly so we could have fresh eggs every day! Someday… Someday. In the meantime I will keep making delicious egg recipes that will just continue to fuel my longing for chickens. This recipe (like my Baked Avocado Eggs and Portobello Baked Eggs) has proven to me that baked eggs with a deliciously runny yolk already inside something equally as delicious that you can use to soak and sop up that yolk, is totally the way to go. Today’s vehicle, a piece of a homemade baguette. So I sliced a couple of large slices,then I hallowed out about half of the inside of the slices, but being sure to leave it in tact on the bottom. But just to be safe, I added a little of layer of shredded gruyere. Popped into a 400 degree oven……and yay more baked eggs! A just like that, a delicious way to start your day!
- 2 large baguette slices
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup of shredded gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scoop out half of the insides of the baguettes, making sure to leave the bottoms in contact. Sprinkle half gruyere cheese in each baguette.
- One at a time, crack the eggs into a small bowl and gently lift yolk with a spoon into the baguette hole. Add a little egg whites at a time to fill, but not overflow baguette holes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until whites are cooked and yolks runny.