Baby bella mushrooms are sauteed with loads of garlic and butter to make the most rich, earthy, and delicious side, Butter Garlic Mushrooms!
At first, I wasn't quite sure whether these guys were Garlic Butter Mushrooms or Butter Garlic Mushrooms, 'cause there's a lot of both in this uber delicious, super easy side dish. Ultimately, I decided on Butter Garlic because even though there are 6 cloves of garlic, the butter... the rich, smooth, felt like your tongue just got a big ol' hug of all the flavors that get completely absorbed into the mushrooms... the butter won. Even better, this dish is sooo fast and easy to make. Even cleaning the mushrooms- so fast! Previously, I spent so most of my mushroom eating life adhering to the old rule "Don't submerge your mushrooms in water because they'll absorb it and become water-logged..." Turns out, that's actually not really true and definitely not worth the time. As I recently learned from Good Eats Season 2 Episode "The Fungal Gourmet", doing a quick rinse under cold water will not actually water-log your mushrooms. For 2 lbs of mushrooms only 2 oz. of water was added after a water rinse. 2 oz. for a less than 2 minute cleaning of 2 lbs? Sold; thanks, AB. I'm sure you all already knew that though and spent waayyy less wasted time on cleaning your mushrooms as I have over the years 😉 Super fast. Super delicious. This made a great side to some Baked Rosemary Chicken and it'll definitely be going on our regular rotation of delicious dinner sides!
Butter Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 lb of baby portobello mushrooms rinsed cleaned, pat dried, and large stems removed
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley / cilantro to taste*
- In a large saute pan on medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro and serve immediately.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!