Forget the box. You can make your own Copycat Boxed Brownie Mix from scratch and keep on hand for anytime that brownie craving hits!
We're about a month into the new year! How are those New Year Resolutions holding up? If one of them was to cut out the pre-made boxes / cans / bottles, then I give you this Copycat Boxed Brownie Mix! If one was to eat super healthy and cut back on sweets, then I give you this Copycat Boxed Brownie mix! Because you've worked hard all month - you deserve a brownie 😉
Back to those cutting out the pre-made mixes / boxes resolutions. Have you guys seen our Pancake Mix From Scratch and Copycat Boxed Stuffing Mix From Scratch? (Those are just the boxes, I've got all your homemade condiments right here! ) A copycat boxed brownie mix has been on my radar for awhile now and my New Year Resolution was to just do the things. All those things on my radar, on my list. Get ready, 2019. I'm doin' 'em.
Turns out this mix is super easy to make, too. I found this recipe on Thriving Home Blog and the only thing I changed is I just cut a tiny bit of the sugar.
Otherwise, it's just cocoa, sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt is all you need for the dry mix copycat and then you're done!
Put it all in an airtight container and store it in your pantry where you would have stored a brownie box mix until the chocolate craving hits.
Then when you're ready to make your deliciously fudgey brownies it's just adding some butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Which if you haven't done yet, making your own is sooo easy! And way more affordable!
The result? Super duper fudgey brownies. Like ooey but not too gooey moist chocolate deliciousness. Add some crushed walnuts for a little crunch or even some chocolate chips for extra gooey brownie delightfulness! No matter how you make them, now you can have the ease of a boxed brownie mix at home but the taste of a from scratch brownie!
Copycat Boxed Brownie Mix
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
To Make Brownies From Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Add all mix ingredients in a bowl and combine well. Store in an airtight container until you're ready to use!
To Make the Brownies from Mix
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 pan.
- Beat together butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add to dry mix and mix well until all incorporated.
- Pour mixture into pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a toothpick to ensure center is cooked - sometimes it takes a bit longer (I had one batch that needed a little over 40 mins). But the general texture of these brownies are fudgey, not cakey. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!