Made with apples, pecans, and of course our homemade mayonnaise, this Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich is an easy to make, flavorful chicken salad!
Our sweet boy Nigel has been on an altered diet for weeks. Boiled chicken, rice, and sometimes some cottage cheese. He's over it. SO over it. And now we have all of these plain, boiled chicken breasts leftover. What do you do with leftover boiled chicken? Make a chicken salad from scratch - like this Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich!
First step to this (and to all great chicken salads), a Homemade Mayonnaise! Which truly, is so so easy to make!
Then it's just then chopping up all the ingredients- chicken, scallions, celery, dried cranberries, pecans, and some sliced green apple.
All mixed together with a few tablespoons of the homemade mayo and a teaspoon of curry powder.
Put in between a couple of slices of Dan's Como Bread and we have a delicious, from scratch Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich! A slight curry flavor with a great variety of textures and flavors from the apples, celery, cranberries, and pecans. Yum! I think I'll have to make a baguette for this too!
Curry Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 cups boiled chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 a stalk of celery diced
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries chopped
- 4 scallions diced
- 1/4 cup of pecans chopped or walnuts
- 1/4 granny smith apple sliced / shredded
- 4-5 tablespoons of Homemade mayo
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken, celery, cranberries, scallions, apple, and pecans into a bowl and mix. Add mayo a tablespoon at a time and mix to reach desired consistency. Once you're one tablespoon away, sprinkle curry powder all over, mix, then add final tablespoon of mayo.
- Serve between your favorite bread or in a lettuce wrap!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!