Our sweet boy Nigel has been on an altered diet for weeks. Boiled chicken, rice, and sometimes some cottage cheese. He's over it. SO over it. We've finally started getting him to eat his normal food again, but now we have all of these plain, boiled chicken breasts left over. What do you do with leftover boiled chicken? Make chicken salad from scratch with a homemade mayo!Homemade mayo is sooooo easy. It literally takes like 5 minutes.So I made some mayo, then chopped up all the ingredients I wanted- chicken, scallions, celery, dried cranberries, pecans, and some sliced green apple.All mixed together with a few tablespoons of the mayo and a teaspoon of curry powder.Put in between a couple of slices of Dan's sourdough, and we have a delicious, from scratch curry chicken salad sandwich! A slight curry flavor with a great variety of textures and flavors from the apples, celery, cranberries and pecans. Yum! I think I'll have to make a baguette for this too!
Curry Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 boiled chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 a stalk of celery diced
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries chopped
- 4 scallions diced
- 1/4 cup of pecans chopped or walnuts
- 1/4 granny smith apple sliced / shredded
- 4-5 tablespoons of Homemade mayo
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken, celery, cranberries, scallions, apple, and pecans into a bowl and mix. Add mayo a tablespoon at a time and mix to reach desired consistency. Once you're one tablespoon away, sprinkle curry powder all over, mix, then add final tablespoon of mayo.
- Serve between your favorite bread or in a lettuce wrap!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!