Make your own soft, salty Easy Garlic Rosemary Focaccia bread at home with just a couple of ingredients and minimal work!
Have you seen that Weight Watchers commercial that used to play on Hulu (maybe it was on regular cable too, but we're too cheap to pay for that so we just use Netflix and Hulu) with Oprah and she's sitting in a chair outside proclaiming, "I LOVE Bread." Yeessss Mother Superior, I hear ya. Praise Be bread. It is, undoubtedly, one of my favorite food groups (Yes, bread alone is a food group!). Homemade bread, especially. No Knead, Rye, English Muffins, Baguettes... I love them all. And now we can add this Easy Garlic Rosemary Focaccia to that list!
Only good things come from this much fresh garlic and olive oil, really.
And making the dough is super easy, thanks to a handy dandy Kitchen Aid.
A quick easy dough put in a (very) well oiled bowl,
left to rise in a warm spot for about an hour and a half,
Then stretched out on a baking sheet, poked with your fingers for the classic foccacia look, left to rise for a bit longer while the oven comes to temp, and washed with a little egg to give the outside some color (or to keep it vegan you can just give the top a little spray of water) and then topped with minced fresh rosemary and coarse sea salt.
Baked in the a nice hot oven and you'll get a beautiful tray of focaccia deliciousness!
Soft on the inside, a nice thin crisp on the outside and beautiful garlic and rosemary flavor! Dip it in some olive oil and balsamic and whoa.Easy Garlic Rosemary Focaccia! Let your gluten lovin' hearts rejoice with another homemade bread to add to your list. Better yet, you can add olives, oh or sun dried tomatoes!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and share your photos of your homemade breads with #ServedFromScratch! Happy Bread Baking!
Easy Garlic Rosemary Focaccia
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active yeast
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons kosher sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- Coarse sea salt
- Optional - One egg white
- Add yeast to the bowl of a mixer and add warm water and stir gently to dissolve yeast. Let sit for 3-5 minutes until yeast begins to activate (when it starts to foam).
- Meanwhile, add minced garlic to 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- With the dough hook attachment mix on low then add flour, salt, and 2 tablespoons of garlic olive oil. Continue to mix until dough comes together then turn to medium and mix until dough is smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons the oil to a large bowl, add the dough and turn in bowl to coat. The cover the bowl with a tea towel and let rise in a warm space for at least 90 minutes or until double in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread a tablespoon of olive oil to a rimmed baking sheet. Uncover the dough, punch it down, and then place the dough on the baking sheet. Stretch the dough out on the baking sheet and then cover to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Uncover dough and then with your fingers, dimple with oil greased fingers. With a pastry brush, use the remaining oil to brush the top of the dough and then sprinkle with rosemary and coarse sea salt.
- Either use a egg wash or give a water spray.
- Turn oven down to 375 and then place the dough in the oven and bake until golden brown (25-30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and remove from pan and cool on cooling rack.
- Cut and serve with oil and vinegar!