Summer to me means “Put it all on the grill”, like some corn and peppers to make this fresh colorful Grilled Corn and Pepper Salad!
Summer is in full swing in Oregon! Which means it’s the time of year that our grill trains all winter for. All those nights that my husband puts on his rain gear or winter coat and dutifully grills up some Mediterranean Grilled Chicken or some Balsamic Shiitake Mushroom Steaks is just winter training because a little rain or even snow can’t stop his love for his grill and grilled dinners. Then once summer hits, ohhh sweet sweet summer is when we grill everything. All the meats. All the veggies. All the fruit! Everything. And the fresh corn and peppers for this Grilled Corn and Pepper Salad are no exception!
Shouldn’t all salads be made with fresh veggies? Especially fresh corn, it makes such a huge difference. I know there’s nothing wrong with frozen corn and we certainly use it in the winter, but when fresh corn on the cob is in abundance in the summer, you can’t pass it up. It makes such a difference!And then isn’t everything better with grill marks? 😉
M has been getting sent to daycare with so much grilled corn on the cob in her lunches, we’ve heard from multiple teachers how they love watching her go to town on a little cob, and that they all love seeing what deliciousness she has for lunch each day!
The dressing for this salad is super simple and fresh too; just some olive oil, lemon, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Light, fresh, with the essence of the summer grill. Leftovers were delicious on a bed of baby spinach, too for our work lunches! This would go great with any grilled meat like our Cornell Chicken or Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken! Or, since it just happens to be gluten free, vegan, and paleo, bring it to a BBQ as a side that everyone can enjoy.
Happy Summer Grilling, friends!
Grilled Corn and Pepper Salad
- 4 ears corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Anaheim pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Soak the corn in the husk for 10-20 minutes in water. Heat grill to medium.
- Put corn on the grill for 20 minutes.
- Half and clean the peppers. Brush with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add to grill after corn has been on for 8 minutes. Turn corn.
- Flip peppers after 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing by whisking together remaining olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Remove veggies from grill and let cool enough to be able to dice peppers and husk corn. Remove corn from cobs.
- Add corn, peppers, and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and mix well. Add more salt to taste then add fresh parsley and mix well. Cover and refrigerate or serve immediately.