This Maple Apple Nut Bread is sweetened by maple syrup, easy to make, and has a sugar maple glaze that's to die for. It's perfect for your next brunch!
Hi friends. >Sigh< What is there to say other than I hope that you're all well and your families are well. It's been real quiet around here, lately. Honestly, life has just been changing by the hour, hasn't it? My family is so incredibly fortunate to be healthy, together, and employed, but I know that's so much more than what many many many others have and that truly weighs heavy on my heart and so I hope that you all are healthy, happy, and together with those that you love. Being stuck at home and stressed about what's going on in the world, we're coping the only way we know how: baking. This Maple Apple Nut Bread is one of our new favorites!
Ever since we came back from New Hampshire with so much real maple syrup, I've been looking for ways to use it!
- All purpose flour
- REAL Maple Syrup
- Diced green apple
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
Other ways to use real maple syrup:
I love how easy this bread is. It's just a mix of all of the dry ingredients, a mix of the egg and wet ingredients, and then combining them before folding in the apple and walnuts.
Then it's just a matter of adding the dough to a well greased 9 X 5 loaf pan to be baked in a 325 degree oven.
While it bakes, you can get a start of the real star of this Maple Apple Nut Bread - the Maple Glaze.
The Maple Glaze
One of my favorite parts of this bread? This easy, delicious maple glaze! Made up on super simple ingredients:
- Maple syrup
Add it all to a bowl, give a good mix, and you're good to go!
And by good to go I mean good to pour all over the perfect baked delicious fresh baked Maple Apple Bread...
Don't mind me while I bathe in the maple glaze.
It's absolutely perfect for this Maple Apple Nut Bread. The bread itself isn't very sweet, so the sweetness of the maple glaze is the perfect touch.
Other Sweet Brunch Treats
So grab a slice and don't think about that your gym is closed and you can't go grab a drink at your favorite bar with your friends. We're in it together, friends. And now that all of our favorite restaurants are closed, let me be your source for any From Scratch recipes you're looking for!
Other Favorite Quick Breads
Maple Apple Nut Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter
- 1 cup diced apple whatever you have, I prefer Granny Smith
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter very soft
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9 X 5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in apples and walnuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes, remove from pan and let complete cool on cooling rack.
- Make maple glaze and generously drizzle over bread. Let set, slice, and enjoy!
- In a small bowl add all ingredients and whisk.
- If too thin, add more powdered sugar (a little bit at a time). If too thick, add more maple syrup a teaspoon at a time.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!