Here's a recipe easy, flavorful Spicy Roasted Chicken thighs. It's the perfect chicken with a kick for a weeknight dinner!
We eat a LOT of chicken in this household and my hubster's favorite cut are thighs. So usually on busy weeknights I end up just making our standard Baked Rosemary Chicken that is very easy and we know we love it (plus there's tons of fresh rosemary growing around our neighborhood). And, although I know I'm blessed with the most non-picky eater husband in the world who would never ever complain about eating the same thing over and over again (and sometimes would actually prefer it), I needed to find a new super quick, super delicious, baked chicken thigh that would spice things up for him- Spicy Roasted Chicken Thighs it is!
Spicy Roasted Chicken Thighs to the rescue. Just as simple, but totally different flavors.I love this little food processor. I totally snagged it from my mom's basement, where it was collecting dust, during one of my cross country moves, and it's been the best little rub / pesto maker! First I added the garlic, ginger jalapeno, cumin, salt, and fennel seed.Then, the zest of a lemon plus it's juice and the tomato paste. Blended well, but still kind of chunky, and I had a super flavorful rub/paste. I spread the mixture over some lightly salted chicken thighs. Um why I used a teaspoon for this, I have no idea... clearly I was in a hurry and didn't want to dirty another spoon. Not too shabby, despite the teaspoon.After about 45 minutes of roasting, my kitchen smelled amazing. Served on top of some super simple blanched asparagus and we had a new, just as easy and low maintenance weeknight chicken thigh recipe. Just because it's made from scratch doesn't mean it has to be hard or take very long, and this recipe totally proves that!
- 8 chicken thighs with skin, pierced all over with a small knife
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 2- inch piece fresh ginger root peeled
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded
- Juice and zest of 1 whole lemon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds or coriander
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, place chicken thighs in a baking dish and set aside.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, salt, fennel seed, jalapeno, tomato paste, lemon juice and zest to small food processor and grind to a chunky paste.
- Spread mixture thoroughly and evenly over the chicken. At this point, you can cover, and refrigerate for up to a day.
- Roast for 25 to 35 minutes or until done.
- If you don't have a small food processor, just mince garlic, ginger, and jalapeno and mix. Then add cumin, fennel seed, tomato paste, lemon zest and juice and mix well into a paste.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!