Take the worry out of eating raw cookie dough with this delicious vegan option that's covered in chocolate for the perfect cookie dough bite!
Vegan Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites- I know it's a mouthful but it's worth every single
bit bite, as evidenced by my husband's first bite reaction of "Good LORD those are tasty."
So tasty! And easy! And vegan friendly! All that's needed is some coconut oil, maple syrup (the real stuff), vanilla extract, flour, 100% cacao baker's chocolate, and some mini vegan chocolate chips. Or, if you're feeling super adventurous, you can make your own vegan chocolate chips, but I was on a time crunch, plus I wanted them to be mini and adorable, something I haven't been able to figure out how to make on my own (yet). In the meantime, I love these chips. We keep these in our freezer with frozen bananas so that we are always read to whip up a quick dessert, no matter what the food allergies our guests have.Seriously, these guys are so easy to make. Just a quick whisk of the vanilla, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup,and then the flour (with just a touch of salt) blended in. 1/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips to top it off,And we're in business. Totally, 100% acceptable to eat just like this by the spoonful. Trust me, I did.
Somehow, though, I restrained myself and managed to still roll out a few little balls of dough,
because as good as the cookie dough is on it's own, isn't everything better with a chocolate coating? Yup. So I popped them in the freezer to set and then we had some super tasty coconut, subtly and naturally sweet, chocolate covered bites of deliciousness. My very non-Vegan husband loved them and our very Vegan besties said that these little guys would make a very effective bribery tool. I call that a win!
Vegan Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup of mini vegan chocolate chips
- 6 oz of 100% cacao baker's chocolate
- Whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add flour and pinch of salt and then mix until well combined.
- Add mini chips and mix.
- In a double boiler, melt baker's chocolate.
- Roll dough into small balls.
- Dip balls into chocolate and coat with the melted chocolate. Transfer to wire rack to let excess chocolate drip. Carefully move balls to a parchment paper lined tray and then freeze for at least 30 minutes until chocolate has set.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!