Avocado Corn Salsa
This Avocado Corn Salsa dip is a family favorite that we make for every single gathering because it's always a crowd-pleasing, allergy-friendly appetizer or side.
- 1 16 oz package of frozen corn thawed – or 3-4 ears of fresh corn roasted
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small white onion diced
- 5-6 oz black olives sliced 1 cup of black olives from the olive bar
- 4 medium avocados peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, mix the corn, olives, red bell pepper, and onion.
In a small bowl, mix the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat.
An hour before ready to serve, add cubed avocado and mix well.
Serve with bread, chips, or vegetables.
Corn - Use fresh, frozen, or canned! Just boil or grill fresh corn on the cob before removing kernels.
Onion - You could also use a yellow onion.
Oregano - Substitute 1 tablespoon fresh for the 1 teaspoon dried.
Apple Cider Vinegar - You can also use rice wine vinegar or white vinegar.
Olive Oil - You could use another neutral oil like canola or vegetable, but I think that the flavor of a good extra virgin olive oil is best.
Make Ahead by mixing all ingredients except avocados, cover, and put in the fridge. This can be done 1 day in advance. You can make the dressing up to 4 days in advance. Add avocados right before serving.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 688IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg