Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos!
All the flavor of a Chicken Enchilada but with the ease of a Crock Pot and wrapped in a taco!
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Enchilada Sauce Make it yourself! https://www.servedfromscratch.com/enchilada-sauce-from-scratch/
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt Probably not needed if using store bought enchilada sauce - to taste
- 12 oz sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- more fresh cilantro
Add chicken breasts to the Crock Pot. Pour over you Homemade (or favorite) Enchilada Sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
Shred chicken and mix well with sauce in Crock Pot. Sprinkle in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/2 the olives and mix. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and olives. Turn Crock Pot to high and cook for another 20 minutes or until the cheese is all melted. Or, turn you oven to broil and put whole Crock Pot stoneware in oven to melt cheese - but keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. Sprinkle with remaining fresh cilantro.
Serve on your favorite taco shells with sour cream, fresh avocado, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and hot sauce and enjoy!