Copycat Boxed Stuffing Mix From Scratch
No need for a box. Put that stale bread to use and make your own Copycat Boxed Stuffing Mix From Scratch!
Servings 12 oz
- 6 cups cubed day stale bread make your own! https://www.servedfromscratch.com/no-knead-rosemary-garlic-bread/
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 5 tablespoons minced onion make your own! https://www.servedfromscratch.com/onion-soup-mix-from-scratch/
- 1/3 cup dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
To Make the Stuffing from the mix
- 1 1/4 cup water or broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread out cubed bread evenly on a large (or two if needed) baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes until dry.
Meanwhile, in a plastic bag, mix all the dried seasoning.
When cubed bread is done, add to either the bag or a bowl and mix well with all of the seasoning. Divide into two containers (ensuring seasoning is well distributed) and store in airtight container in pantry for 1 week or freezer for up to 6 months. Each container will be equivalent to two boxed stuffing boxes - 6 oz.