Teriyaki Shrimp Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
Bring on Summer with this Teriyaki Shrimp Salad with a fresh light Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette.
- 1 lb peeled shrimp deveined
- 6-7 romaine lettuce leaves shredded
- 1/2 English cucumber quartered
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 orange pepper diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 ear of fresh corn cooked and removed from cob. Or 3/4 cup of canned or frozen corn.
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Mix shrimp and teriyaki sauce in a bowl to marinate.
Prep the veggies. Add romaine lettuce to a bowl and then layer the remaining veggies on top.
Heat a large skillet to medium / medium low and add shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes on one side and then flip each shrimp to cook on other side for another 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl add all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette and whisk.
When shrimp is done, remove from pan and top on salad.
Dress with vinaigrette, to taste.