Shrimp Zoodle Scampi
Watching carbs? Then make “Zoodles” with some fresh zucchini for this healthy, fast, and easy Shrimp Zoodle Scampi!
- 8 loosely packed cups of zoodles approximately 3 1/2 lbs of zucchinis in zoodles - excluding the center with seeds
- 1 lb shrimp deveined and shelled
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- Juice from 1 lemon approximately 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
In a large skillet, melt butter or medium high heat and add garlic. Mix and as it begins to brown add shrimp. Cook shrimp 1 minute and then flip to other side. Add red pepper flakes.
Add chicken stock and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
Add zoodles and stir so it is well combined. Continue to stir until zoodles are soft and tender, approximately 3-5 minutes.
Add Parmesan cheese and mix well.
Garnish with parsley and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 824IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 368mg | Iron: 1mg