Sweet Potato Turkey Skillet
This Sweet Potato Turkey Skillet is fast, easy to make, and packed full of vegetables for a super healthy one pan dinner perfect for Fall!
- 2 lg sweet potatoes, diced into 1 inch cubes approx 4 cups
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated or any other cheese!
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
In a large saute pan on medium, saute garlic and onion until onion is translusent, approximately 3 minutes.
Add turkey and breaking it up as it cooks. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
Add peppers and saute for another 3 minutes then add sweet potato and chicken stock. Cover and let cook until sweet potato is tender, 6 - 8 minutes.
Add spinach and mix as it cooks down until it's just begun to wilt. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover and let melt for another minute. Serve immediately!