A hearty Greek like salad with homemade feta cheese
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce washed and ripped lettuce
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup of pitted black olives sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 3-4 oz of feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
To make the vinaigrette whisk together the juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Prep the vegetables and then combined in a large bowl. Crumble feta on top. Drizzle 1/2 of the vinaigrette on salad and mix well. Add more vinaigrette for desired dressing level (we used just under 3/4 of the prepared amount).