Easy Ground Beef and Broccoli
Even though it's super simple to make, this Easy Ground Beef and Broccoli can fill your take out fix in under 20 minutes! #beefandbroccoli #easy #stiffry #recipe #groundbeef
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce optional - will make it saltier
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets or frozen
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Bring two cups of water to a boil. Add rice and then lower to a simmer and cover. Let cook for 15 - 20 minutes or according to package instructions.
In a small bowl, add soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, red wine vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, and garlic chili sauce and mix well.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat and add ground beef. Cook for 3-5 minutes, crumbling as you cook. Then drain and discard the excess fat.
Add broccoli and then soy sauce mixture and then let simmer for about 5-7 minutes until broccoli is tender ( a little longer if using frozen).
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.
Be sure to drain the fat from your beef.
Serve over rice, noodles, or whatever you have!
Calories: 554kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1005mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 4mg