Onion Soup Mix from Scratch
Make your own Onion Soup Mix From Scratch
Servings 1 packet
- 1/3 cup dry onion flakes or your own dried onion
- 1 tablespoon beef broth base or vegan broth base
- 1.3 tablespoon onion powder 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch ground black pepper
In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix.
Store in an airtight container or up to 1 year.
Use as 1 packet of store-bought dry onion mix.
To Make Dehydrated Onions
Slice onions thin and add to dehydrator trays. Dehydrate at 125˚F until completely dry, about 3 to 9 hours.
Best onions to use: White onions
You can also use a vegan broth base or granulated bouillon.
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2374mg | Potassium: 424mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg