Arugula Watermelon Feta Salad
Meet the perfect fresh summer salad. This Arugula Watermelon Feta Salad with homemade feta cheese and a bright citrus vinaigrette is so easy to make and will impress all of your guests at any summer gathering!
Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup minced shallots 1 large
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup good olive oil*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula washed and spun dry
- 1/8 seedless watermelon or half a small watermelon rind removed, and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces feta cheese 1/2-inch diced**
- 1 cup 4 ounces whole fresh mint leaves, julienned
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. If prepping ahead (more than an hour) store in a fridge in a mason jar.
Add the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl and give a quick mix. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Serve immediately!
Here's my favorite Olive Oil from my friends in Tuscany! http://hadelich.de/en/
Be sure to use a feta that's not seasoned.
You can prep this salad in advance by making the vinaigrette first and storing in fridge. Day of, throw salad ingredients in a bowl. If bringing to a gathering, bring vinaigrette separately and then mix right before serving.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1089mg | Potassium: 1120mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 6726IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 687mg | Iron: 5mg