Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters
These Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters are easy to make, healthy, and the perfect way to use those garden fresh zucchinis!
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded zucchini approximately 4 cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Shred zucchini and place in colander in sink or over large bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Let sit for 10 minutes to sweat excess moisture. Press and squeeze out remaining moisture, or use a cheese cloth and wring out moisture.
Zucchini to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
Heat a saute pan to medium high and add olive oil. Scoop 1/2 cup of batter into your palm an form into a patty and add to pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
Cook on each side for 2-4 minutes until batter begins to brown slightly.
Make approximately 7 fritters.
I like these fritters a little bigger and thicker. You can use only 1/4 cup of batter and make smaller, thinner fritters, too!