This Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters recipe is easy to make, healthy, and the perfect way to use those garden-fresh zucchinis!
I'm always late to the zucchini game. Just like how it took me years to join the zoodle game, I'm finally getting to the zucchini fritter game. And like I felt with the zoodles, I can't believe I've been depriving myself of this deliciousness for so long. This Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters recipe is our new go-to zucchini fritters recipe!
I finally planted our garden and our zucchinis a couple of weeks ago. Every year Memorial Day rolls around and I haven't done anything. And then every year I vow to be better next year. Oy. So the beautiful zucchinis that I shredded for these fritters, they were organic beauts from our Imperfect Produce box. But in a couple of months we'll be in full zoodle, relish, and now zucchini fritters overload!
This zucchini fritters recipe is perfect for those garden fresh zucchinis coming out of your garden, or from your generous friends!
- Zucchinis - It's a great way to use those garden or farm-fresh zucchinis!
- Panko Bread Crumbs - Of course, you could also use whatever breadcrumbs you have on hand.
- Parmesan Cheese - Parm is our favorite, but your favorite hard nutty cheese would be great for this. We also love romano and asiago.
- Egg - To help bind it all.
- Fresh Garlic - Do we ever make a recipe without fresh garlic?
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder - Again, do we ever do anything without garlic and onion?
- Oregano, Salt, and Pepper
Step 1: Shred and sweat the zucchini.
Once the zucchini is shredded, you need to sweat it to get rid of excess moisture. This means putting the zucchini in a colander and adding salt to pull out the moisture.
Step 2: Add the remaining ingredients to the zucchini and mix well.
Step 3: Mix well and form those bad boys into patties.
Step 4: Cook until nice and crispy on the outside in a nice hot sauté pan with olive oil and you're done!
This Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters recipe will be your new favorite appetizer/side dish/snack or eat any time of the day zucchini fritter because you have a gazillion zucchinis coming from your garden, dish. At least that's my plan. It helps that my husband and both my toddler and the baby gobbled these up, so I think it's safe to say they're on board with this plan, too!
Other Zucchini Favorites
Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded zucchini approximately 4 cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Shred zucchini and place in colander in sink or over large bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Let sit for 10 minutes to sweat excess moisture. Press and squeeze out remaining moisture, or use a cheese cloth and wring out moisture.
- Zucchini to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high and add olive oil. Scoop 1/2 cup of batter into your palm an form into a patty and add to pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook on each side for 2-4 minutes until batter begins to brown slightly.
- Serve immediately.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!