These Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters are easy to make, healthy, and the perfect way to use those garden fresh zucchinis!
I'm always late to the zucchini game. Just like how it took me years to join the zoodle game, I'm finally getting to the fritter game. And like I felt with the zoodles, I can't believe I've been depriving myself of this deliciousness for so long. These Panko Zucchini Fritters are my new go-to zucchini recipe!
I finally planted our garden and our zucchinis a couple of weeks ago. Every year Memorial Day rolls around and I haven't done anything. And then every year I vow to be better next year. Oy. So the beautiful zucchinis that I shredded for these fritters, they were organic beauts from our Imperfect Produce box. But in a couple of months we'll be in full zoodle, relish, and now fritter overload!
Once the zucchini is shredded, you need to sweat it to get rid of excess moisture then it's only a matter of adding some panko breadcrumbs, fresh grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, an egg, and salt and pepper.
Mix well and form those bad boys into patties and cook in a nice hot saute pan with olive oil and boom.
It'll be your new favorite appetizer / side dish / snack / eat any time of the day because you have a gazillion zucchini's coming from your garden, dish. At least that's my plan. By the way my husband and both my toddler and the baby gobbled them up, I think it's safe to say they're on board!
Panko Parmesan Zucchini Fritters
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded zucchini approximately 4 cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Shred zucchini and place in colander in sink or over large bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Let sit for 10 minutes to sweat excess moisture. Press and squeeze out remaining moisture, or use a cheese cloth and wring out moisture.
- Zucchini to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high and add olive oil. Scoop 1/2 cup of batter into your palm an form into a patty and add to pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook on each side for 2-4 minutes until batter begins to brown slightly.
- Serve immediately.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!