This Easy 10 Minute Garlic Broccoli is one of our favorite fast and easy side dishes. It's packed full of garlic, fits into every diet, and it's ready in just minutes!
This is one of our go-to recipes because it is so incredibly fast to prepare and fast to cook, thanks to the steam-fry, but still packs in a lot of flavor. We make This Easy 10 minutes Garlic Broccoli at least once a week because it's so incredibly healthy and fast and easy!
- Broccoli - Fresh is what we always prefer, but you can definitely use frozen, too.
- Garlic - Fresh and powdered for ultimate garlic flavor!
- Onion Powder - Because if there's garlic, there's onion in one of our recipes.
- Stock - Vegetable to keep it vegan or Chicken if that's not needed. Whatever you prefer. Or, if you don't have stock you can just use some water needed for the steam-fry cooking.
- Salt and Pepper - Duh
What does Steam-Fry Mean?
Steam-frying is a method of cooking that's done in a frying or sauté pan, but uses less oil and uses steam to finish the cooking. It can still add a little color from the light fry in the oil, but the majority of cooking is done by the liquid steaming in the pan to finish tenderizing the broccoli.
This is one of our favorite ways to cook broccoli (and many other vegetables), because it's healthier than doing a full sauté, which requires a good amount of oil (fat), but it's way more flavorful than just a regular steam.
How to Steam-Fry Broccoli
It's so easy!
Step 1: Heat some oil (or butter, whatever you prefer) in a pan and add garlic to give it a quick cook.
Our favorite pan to use for this is our Finex cast iron, but you could use your favorite cast iron or large sauté pan.
Step 2: Add broccoli, give a quick stir in the garlic.
Step 3: Add stock or water and cover to finish cooking.
And done, Easy 10 Minute Garlic Broccoli!
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it's so customizable.
- Use another vegetable! Cauliflower, carrots, kale, mushrooms, green beans, or a mixture of whatever you have on hand.
- Switch up the flavor but using different spices like red pepper flakes, paprika, oregano, or cumin.
- Make additions like bacon, olives, fresh onions or shallots.
- Use butter instead of olive oil, or use a flavor oil like sesame or avocado oil.
- Add some cheese!
Serve it With
Here are some of our favorite main dishes to serve this Easy 10 Minute Garlic Broccoli with!
- 15 Minute Garlic Butter Chicken
- Cornell Chicken
- Maple Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
- Balsamic Shittake Mushroom Steaks
- 10 Minute Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops
- Mom's Swedish Meatballs
No matter what you serve it with, this is hands-down one of our easiest, fastest side dishes that we love when we need something quick and healthy to round out the meal!
Easy 10 Minute Garlic Broccoli
- Cast Iron
- or large sauté pan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli florets about 5 crowns
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or chicken or beef stock
- Heat oil in a cast iron or large sauté pan on medium.
- Add garlic and stir and cook for 60-90 seconds.
- Add broccoli stir to coat with oil and garlic. Cook for another minute. Add garlic and onion powder and stock to pan, stir to combine and cover.
- Let cook covered for 8 minutes.
- Give a final stir and serve immediately.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!