All the flavor of a Chicken Enchilada but with the ease of a Crock Pot and wrapped in a taco. These Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos are our new favorite taco night dinner!
It has been a brutal winter. Between my job and kids in daycare, it feels like I'm always battling something. So when I was finally feeling normal enough again for real food, I (and the baby) wanted it all. Enchiladas. Tacos. Cheese. Chicken. Being the hungry preggo I am, made it all: Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos to the rescue!
One of the best parts of this recipe, it is SO easy to make.
First step: Whip up some of our super fast and easy Enchilada Sauce From Scratch! I love this sauce so much because you can also make it and freeze it, so when you're ready for some of these tacos, you can just pull the sauce out of the freezer.
Second Step: Throw it all in a crock pot!
Truly, is there anything better than a meal that you can just set it and forget it! Plus it'll make your house smell amazing when we got home after coming home from work!
Third Step: Shred of the chicken breasts in the enchilada sauce and top it with cheddar cheese, sliced black olives, and another 20ish minutes in the Crock Pot to melt and boom.
All the deliciousness of chicken enchiladas, ready for some tacos!
Put on a lightly steamed tortilla (homemade flour or corn tortillas) and you'll have a Taco to make Tuesday proud and that'll also ease the craziness of the weeknight! We'll be making these often; maybe every week if my husband gets his way.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos!
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Enchilada Sauce Make it yourself! https://www.servedfromscratch.com/enchilada-sauce-from-scratch/
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt Probably not needed if using store bought enchilada sauce - to taste
- 12 oz sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- more fresh cilantro
- Add chicken breasts to the Crock Pot. Pour over you Homemade (or favorite) Enchilada Sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
- Shred chicken and mix well with sauce in Crock Pot. Sprinkle in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/2 the olives and mix. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and olives. Turn Crock Pot to high and cook for another 20 minutes or until the cheese is all melted. Or, turn you oven to broil and put whole Crock Pot stoneware in oven to melt cheese - but keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. Sprinkle with remaining fresh cilantro.
- Serve on your favorite taco shells with sour cream, fresh avocado, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and hot sauce and enjoy!