I don’t know what it is but I am all about sweet and spicy, lately! These 20 Minute Sweet and Spicy Peanut Noodles are so easy and so spicy with a lovely hint of sweet. As my husband described it, they’re damn delicious. After the success of our Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Chicken Thighs, I knew I wanted to use a similar sauce in a Thai noodle. And the hubby was right, damn did it turn out delicious!
I’m coming at ya from Denver International Airport as I’m waiting for a flight home after an incredible weekend with my bestie MOH (matron on honor). It was my first time away from my new babe and my husband’s first time alone with both girls. And we both killed it. While I was fueled by delicious wine and girl talk, he took both girls out to an event at M’s school, to the grocery store, and they made homemade pizza with our homemade pizza sauce! Super dad… swoon.
Anyway, I made these noodles before I left and they were a perfect fast and easy dinner to make before I headed to the airport. Even though I made these with rice noodles, this could totally be made with regular ol’ linguine noodles, too! And again, I used bottle hoisin (since we had it already), but like I said with the Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Chicken Thighs, keep an eye out for a homemade hoisin, soon! The sauce as I made it is definitely spicy. But you can tamper it down with less red pepper if you’re more of a hint of spice vs. my husband and I who prefer a face punch of spice. M is definitely her father’s daughter and she too loved how spicy these were. She even asked for more Sriracha on her plate! Talk about proud mama moment 😛 The longest part of this recipe is waiting for the water to boil to cook the noodles. Then it’s just heating some oil in a pan, tossing in your sauce to give the garlic a quick cook, and then adding your cooked noodles and then the cilantro, peanuts, green onions, and carrots. You could also add a protein like chicken or shrimp!Give it all a good mix and boom. Winner winner 20 Minute Sweet and Spicy Noodles dinner!
I usually gauge how good a meal is by how long the leftovers last. When my husband said they don’t last past breakfast the next day, I knew they were really freakin’ good. These are right up there with our 15 minute Garlic Fried Noodles and now that I know M has a deep love for Sriracha like her parents, we’ll definitely be making these noodles on the regular. I’m sure it’ll be on my list this week as I get back home and back into the regular routine!
Happy Noodling, friends!
20 Minute Sweet and Spicy Noodles
- 16 oz linguine rice noodles or regular pasta
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots approximately 2 large
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- Sriracha to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles until al dente, approximately 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your veggies / garnishes. In a small bowl mix soy sauce, hoisin, honey, chili garlic paste, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- A couple of minutes before the noodles are done, in a large saute pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat and add sauce and stir, cooking garlic.
- When noodles are done, drain and add immediately to pan with sauce and stir until the noodles are well coated.
- Top with carrots, peanuts, cilantro, green onion, and Sriracha. Mix and serve!