A honey, hoisin, and Sriracha sauce make these Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Chicken Thighs exactly that: a little sweet and a little spicy and also a whole lot easy!
Here’s another quick and easy one for you guys! I am obsessed with these new Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Chicken Thighs! Not only were they super easy / fast to make, but the combo of honey and sriracha was soooo good.
We eat a lot of chicken thighs in this house. Between our Maple Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs to our Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs, it’s one of our favorite cuts of chicken. And I was planning on just making one of those because they’re also both easy and delicious, but then I saw the Sriracha in the pantry. Staring at me. Calling me. Makin’ me feel all guilty for having not used it since the last time we made Sweet Sriracha Chicken Tacos. Which made me think of how delicious that chicken is. This time around I wanted a nice thick sauce, like for the Maple Soy Glazed Chicken, hence, the hoisin. Which was also staring at me in the fridge, upset that it hadn’t been used since the last bath of Crock Pot Pho! Also, Homemade Hoisin has been on my list to make for awhile now and so using the last bit in my fridge was the perfect excuse for me to finally make it! Stay tuned…
Anyway, mission accomplished! The sauce is thick and coated the thighs beautifully. The flavor is upfront sweet and then finishes with a lingering spicy kick. Swoon.
I served it over some quinoa (because I had some leftover from the day before) but you could also serve it with rice, or mashed potatoes, or hell just with some steamed broccoli if you’re watching your carbs! My husband said he even had a piece cold for breakfast the next morning. That’s how good it is, which means it’s officially earned Staple definition in our house!
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs fat trimmed
- 3-4 large garlic cloves, minced about a tablespoon worth
- 1 2 inch piece fresh ginger, minced about a tablespoon worth
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Add chicken thighs to a large zip lock bag.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients, except the water. Mix well, then add water.
- Add marinade to the chicken, seal, and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil on medium. Add the chicken only at first and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add marinade and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes on each side while the sauce reduces and the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.