Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts are a super flavorful way to make your weeknight meals even easier!
Who else loves healthy, simple, fast, and easy dinners? I knew we weren't alone. Cooking from scratch often conjures up images of slaving away in a kitchen for hours on end. Au contraire, that's not what it means at all. At least not in this super busy household. That's why these Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts are a favorite in our house!
There are a ton of pre-made bottled chicken marinades out there that you can buy. But really, making your own takes only a few more minutes than opening a bottle. And it's so much fresher!
- Chicken Breasts - Boneless and sliced in halves.
- Fresh parsley - Any kind of curly, flat leaf, whatever you have. Fresh is best, but you can sub dried if you need to.
- Fresh Garlic - Also ok to use pre-minced if that's all you have, but fresh is best.
- Fresh Lemon Juice - You can... well you know the drill (see above).
- Dried Oregano - Reverse on this one - dried works but if you have fresh, awesome!
- Kosher Salt, smoke paprika, fresh cracked black pepper, and olive oil.
It really doesn't get much easier.
- Pierce chicken breasts with a fork and then generously season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a plastic bag and add chicken and mix well.
- Let marinate and then grill!
Done. Easy, right? We LOVE this as the chicken for our Avocado Chicken Chopped Salad!
TIP: Make your life easier with this handy dandy tool you can buy on Amazon. We love it and use it for anytime we use large plastic food storage bags!
Side Dishes to Serve With
Other Favorite Grilled Recipes
At the very least 20 minutes but the longer the better! Basically the longer you let it marinate, the more flavorful it will be! You can marinate it up to 2 days.
Yes. For the 6 tablespoons of fresh parsley, you can sub 6 teaspoons of dried parsley.
Nope - bottled is totally fine.
YES! You can sub it for 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh oregano, minced.
So Easy. So flavorful. And so not full of High Fructose Corn Syrup, Xanthan Gum, Sorbate, or Sodium Benzoate you'll find in those bottled marinades!
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts 2 lbs chicken total
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 6 large garlic cloves minced
- 6 tablespoons of fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- To a large plastic food storage bag, add olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, paprika, and oregano and give a little mix.
- Give the chicken breasts a small slice with a knife or pierce with a fork, and then generously season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add to plastic bag with marinade. Seal bag and with your hands, mix the chicken and the marinade together well. Place in fridge and let marinate for 20 minutes or up to two days in the fridge (the longer the better!)
- Pre-heat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag and cook on a grill (or in a grill pan on medium high heat) for about 5-6 minutes per side. Cook until chicken is cooked through and has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!