All you need is 10 minutes for this super easy to make, and most importantly super tasty and flavorful grilled appetizer! These Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers are perfect for your summertime grilling!
Ahhh sweet sweet summer, I can feel you just around the corner! Which means a majority of our meals are about to be al fresco and right off of the grill! In case you didn't notice, baby K numero dos has wanted all things shrimp, and these Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers made the baby very very happy 😉
Also, in case you missed it, all of our meals and new recipes lately are one thing (aside from shrimp apparently...): Easy. Like "We left the house at 6 am, got home at 6:30 pm, M needs to be in bed by 8 pm, and we need dinner" Easy. Which let me just say, we're living proof that you don't have to rely on fast food or microwaveable dinners because you don't have time. This recipe takes 7 minutes to prep and 3 minutes to grill. How much easier does it get than that? Not much. Especially if you clean the shrimp and marinade the night before! Also, don't forget
Juicy. Spicy. Super flavorful. Perfect for a sunny spring/summer weeknight! We topped some fresh spinach salads with and it was near perfect. The only thing it was missing was a crisp white wine!
Craving shrimp as much as I am lately? Then don't forget to check out my Teriyaki Shrimp Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette, Shrimp Zoodle Scampi, and Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus!
Don't forget to let me know if you try these spicy grilled shrimp skewers; I love to hear your feedback!
Happy grilling, friends!
Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 shakes hot sauce OPTIONAL
- 12 skewers
- Pre-heat an outdoor grill or grill pan on stove top on high. If using wooden skewers, fill sink or dish with water and soak skewers.
- Add shrimp to a medium sized bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix all of the other ingredients.
- Add mixture to shrimp and mix well so all the shrimp is coated.
- Add shrimp to skewers and grill for 90 seconds on each side. Serve immediately!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!