Dinner in 15 minutes! This Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus dinner is fast, easy, healthy, flavorful and perfect for those busy weeknights!
Oh the days when getting home and starting that from scratch dinner at 6:30 was no big deal because, well, it was only 6:30! Now, with a little one who has a bedtime at 7:00 and an exhausted mom who likes to be in bed no later than 9:00 (with an alarm that goes off at 4:30 am, it’s better for everyone that way), dinner needs to be fast but not suffer in quality or freshness. Helllooo Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus!I can totally see how people fall into the boxed or frozen super processed dinner during the week. Trust me, there have been times when I’ve felt like I couldn’t possibly manage anything else. Except you really can have fresh, homemade meals fast. With already deveined, shelled shrimp (I like to keep the tails on), then it all comes together really quickly.Just a mix of oil, garlic, paprika, salt, and red pepper flakes,and a tablespoon worth of a drizzle on the asparagus to be roasted for just 6 minutes.Meanwhile, the shrimp gets a final mix with the rest of the oil and spices and then a final touch with the lemon juice. Then, once the asparagus is done, just add the shrimp to the pan and pop it back in the oven for another 6 minutes… … and done! Super flavorful. Super fast.
Serve it with the equally easy 15 minute Garlic Fried Noodles, or your favorite rice or pasta and boom. An easy dinner and even easier clean up. We might have made this multiple times in one week. It’s that good
Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix together garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place trimmed asparagus on sheet and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the mixture on the asparagus. Roast for 6 minutes.
- Add the rest of the oil mixture to shrimp and mix well to coat all of the shrimp.
- When asparagus is done, remove from oven and then add lemon juice to the shrimp mixture and toss to coat again (if lemon is added too early, the citrus will begin to 'cook' the shrimp).
- Add shrimp to sheet pan with asparagus, one at a time with tongs, shaking excess oil off.
- Roast for another 5-6 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or rice!