Making your own Homemade Teriyaki Sauce is incredibly easy, fast, and can be customized to your own taste!
Guys. Did you know you can make your own Homemade Teriyaki Sauce?! Our homemade condiment world has just been changed for the better.
Homemade and from scratch cooking often seems like a daunting under taking. Especially those weekdays when I'm gone 6 am to 6 pm at night and come home to laundry, cleaning, and often times both Dan and I have work we need to do at home. But then there are recipes like this. It doesn't get much easier than this to be able to cut out another processed, bottled condiment and opens up a whole new world of homemade deliciousness to us!
Who knew teriyaki sauce was made up of such simple ingredients!
They're all just added to a pan,and then brought to a boil. That's it. That's all and you have yourself some Homemade Teriyaki Sauce!Now you can add teriyaki sauce to your list of condiments from scratch! All done in 10 minutes and it can be customized to your taste. I prefer less sweet teriyaki sauce so this is a little less sweet, but you can totally add another tablespoon of sugar to make it a little sweeter. Totally customizeable!
Stay tuned for recipe I use this in! Now I'm off to fold more laundry. 😉
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup loosely packed light light brown sugar*
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed in 1/4 cup of water
- Add all ingredients to a medium sauce pan on medium low.
- Bring to a boil and then turn to low and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a mason jar or airtight container or use immediately. Store in fridge for up to a week.