Make your own Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from scratch for a super healthy, creamy, dreamy, gluten-free, and vegan appetizer or snack!
Where are my others snackers at? Anyone else who would rather graze all day than sit down and have one big meal? That's me, 100%. Committing to a whole plate/dish is just way too limiting, am I right? That's why we have our own arsenal of healthy, homemade snacks from scratch including this Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus!
Not only is it incredibly easy and fast to make, but you can also serve it with almost anything. Crudité, crackers, chips, baguette slices - the possibilities are endless! And it's completely customizable, too!
Simple, Easy Ingredients
- Chickpeas - Also known as garbanzo beans, are the heart of hummus. High in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, they are so healthy.
- Tahini - This sesame seed paste is also vital to hummus. Did you know that you can make your own from scratch in just minutes, too??
- Oil - Key to making your homemade hummus creamy and dreamy. We use and good extra virgin olive oil or vegetable or canola oil. Something neutral in flavor.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes - Use your favorite kind or make your own!
- Garlic, Salt, Lemon - All for added flavor! No fresh garlic? No problem - you can of course use garlic powder, too.
No Tahini? No problem! When we've been out of our homemade tahini but still really want homemade hummus, we substitute Sesame Oil!
Dried or Canned Chickpeas? You can use either! If using dried, Alton Brown's method of slow cooking the chickpeas makes the absolutely creamiest hummus!
Minutes to Make
Honestly, the hardest part of this recipe will be cleaning your food processor!
Step 1: Add everything except the oil in the food processor or a blender.
Step 2: Blend until well combined and then slowly add the oil while food processor or blender is running to create a creamy dreamy homemade hummus!
Step 3: Drizzle on some more oil and top with some chopped sun-dried tomatoes and serve with your hummus vessel of choice!
Serve and enjoy!
Our Other Favorite Dips
- Dill Onion Dip
- Fresh Spinach Guacamole
- Fresh Green Salsa
- Fresh, Easy Pico de Gallo
- Fry Sauce From Scratch
- Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- 1.5 cups cooked cooked chickpeas or 1 16 oz can* skins removed
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil removed from oil + 1-2 tablespoons chopped as reserved for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon juiced about 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup tahini or 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or another neutral oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 cup water or oil
- Add all ingredients except oil and water and reserved sun dried tomatoes for garnish to food processor and blend. While blending, slowly add the oil.
- Blend until creamy, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Once all of the olive oil is added, for desired creaminess, while still blending, add a little water, a tablespoon at a time for desired creaminess, or add more oil.
- Serve with raw veggies, crackers, or chips!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!