Forget the store bought packet. You can make your own Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix in just minutes!
Guys. My ranch loving heart is happy today. Finally, a Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix from scratch! Forget those packets, you can make your own at home, now!
Can you believe 2019 is right around the corner? This year has been pretty amazing for us with the birth of our littlest turkey, but I'll still be happy to see this year come to an end as we spent the week before Christmas in the hospital as she had to have surgery. I'm incredibly thankful that everyone is home and healthy now and ready to start a new year on that same happy healthy foot!
Now, back to the New Year and more importantly the parties! It is even a party if there isn't a vegetable platter? Because there has to be at least a few carrots or pieces of green out so that when you're stuffing your face with cheese dips and fried deliciousness you can reassure yourself with the fact that you ate a few vegetables, right? What are those veggies without a delicious dip? Nothing, that's what. And if you're like me and prefer to make your own platter by slicing up fresh veggies instead of buying a pre-made tray, then you're probably also like me and you usually forget to buy that oh so critical dip. So that means your dip loving heart is happy today, too!
- Powdered Buttermilk - One of the ingredients you may have to hunt for in your local grocery store, or you can find it on Amazon. This is also great to have on hand when you need buttermilk but don't want need a whole pint or quart. For this though, you can also make your own buttermilk in a pinch! You do need to store it in the fridge after opening and it can usually last there for about 2 months.
- Dried Onion - If you have a dehydrator, you can totally make your own, too!
- Dried Herbs - Parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
So Simple to Make
Once you have your ingredients, then it's just tossing them in a bowl together and giving them a good mix. Really, does it get any easier than that? Oh wait, it does! This recipe makes the equivalent of four packets!
I love when recipes like this are almost jut as easy as opening a packet!
Because it lacks all of those added preservatives you'll find in a packet, it does need to be stored in the fridge and for up to 2 months. Easy to use within that time frame, though.
But then you have it ready for anytime you want to whip up a ranch dip from scratch!
So break out all of those dips and appetizers that call for a ranch dressing mix packet and impress your guests or your hosts by telling them you made a Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix from scratch! Although they'll probably already know you've gone a little extra because of extra delicious flavor!
You Also Might Like
- Onion Soup Mix From Scratch
- Dill Onion Dip From Scratch
- Sundried Tomato Hummus
- Avocado Corn Salsa
- Fresh Spinach Guacamole
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- 5/8 cup powdered buttermilk 1/2 + 1/8
- 7 teaspoons dried parsley 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
For a Dip
- 3 tablespoons Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise make your own! https://www.servedfromscratch.com/mayonnaise-from-scratch/
- 1/8 cup 1% or 2% milk
- Mix everything together in a bowl and store in an airtight container in fridge for up to two months.
To Make Dip
- Mix 3 tablespoons of mix with sour cream, mayonnaise, and milk. Mix well and chill in fridge for at least 15 mins before serving.
- For a looser dip or to use as a dressing, at more milk.
- Store dip in fridge for up to 5 days.
To Make Dressing
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and increase milk to 2/3 cup. Combine and chill in fridge for at least 15 minutes before using.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!