Forget the store-bought packet. You can make your own Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix in just minutes!
Guys. My ranch-loving heart is happy today. Finally, a Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix from scratch! Forget those packets, you can make your own at home, now! Perfect for any holiday or New Years party, because is it even a party if there isn't a vegetable platter? And what are those veggies without a delicious dip? Nothing, that's what. If you're like me and prefer to make your own platter by slicing up fresh veggies instead of buying a pre-made tray, then you're probably also like me and you usually forget to buy that oh-so-critical dip. So that means your dip-loving heart is happy today, too!
- Powdered Buttermilk - One of the ingredients you may have to hunt for in your local grocery store, or you can find it on Amazon. This is also great to have on hand when you need buttermilk but don't want need a whole pint or quart. For this though, you can also make your own buttermilk in a pinch! You do need to store it in the fridge after opening and it can usually last there for about 2 months.
- Dried Onion - If you have a dehydrator, you can totally make your own, too!
- Dried Herbs - Parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
So Simple to Make
Once you have your ingredients, then it's just tossing them in a bowl together and giving them a good mix. Really, does it get any easier than that? Oh wait, it does! This recipe makes the equivalent of four packets!
I love when recipes like this are almost just as easy as opening a packet!
Because it lacks all of those added preservatives you'll find in a packet, it does need to be stored in the fridge for up to 2 months. Easy to use within that time frame, though.
But then you have it ready for anytime you want to whip up a ranch dip from scratch!
So break out all of those dips and appetizers that call for a ranch dressing mix packet and impress your guests or your hosts by telling them you made a Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix from scratch! Although they'll probably already know you've gone a little extra because of extra delicious flavor!
You Also Might Like
- Onion Soup Mix From Scratch
- Dill Onion Dip From Scratch
- Sundried Tomato Hummus
- Avocado Corn Salsa
- Fresh Spinach Guacamole
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/3 cup powdered buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons dried dill
For a Dip
- 3 tablespoons Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup 1% or 2% milk
- Mix everything together in a bowl and store in an airtight container in fridge for up to two months.
To Make Dip
- Mix 3 tablespoons of mix with sour cream, mayonnaise, and milk. Mix well and chill in fridge for at least 15 mins before serving.
- For a looser dip or to use as a dressing, at more milk.
- Store dip in fridge for up to 5 days.
To Make Dressing
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and increase milk to 2/3 cup. Combine and chill in fridge for at least 15 minutes before using.
Can the mix be used to make ranch dressing,or just dip?
Hi Laurie! Definitely! Just add a little more milk to make it a looser consistency!
I am so excited for this recipe! I live in Canada and it is so hard to find Ranch dressing in powdered form! Thanks for this!
Really? It’s that easy? Wow!! Looks super good and yes those appetizers make no sense without a good dip. This mix will come so handy. I am
Going to give it a try.
I hope you do, Sonal!
Tracy I remember buying this powered buttermilk back in the day and I would made buttermilk pancakes with it, they were so good. Where I live now (in the south) I haven't been able to find it in my local supermarket. I never thought I could use it to make ranch dressing, wow!
It is so simple!! Maybe its time to order it from Amazon!
Oh no - Amazon to the rescue! I was just wondering how it would be in pancakes - now I'll def. be making them tomorrow!
Abigail Sotto Raines
Homemade is always the best! Looks like this tasty ranch sauce would be put to a lot of good use.
Yes, it is! I'm so happy it makes such a big batch - I'm excited for all the things to make with it!
Shashi at SavorySpin
I bet this dip is wonderful - homemade ranch is such a treat - this would be delish with your roast!
Homemade is always better! I'm so excited for the roast - stay tuned for it!
This takes no time to make and love having control of the ingredients. No fillers with homemade ranch dressing!