By making your own Dill Onion Dip From Scratch you can have a delicious homemade snack! Free from all of the additives, this healthy dip is perfect for all your favorite veggies and chips!
Happy football season, friends!! Ok, to be honest, the big football season in our house started months ago when Major League Soccer season started. However, I am never one to say no to watching any kind of football game; as long as there are snacks. Especially one of our new favorite dips, this Dill Onion Dip From Scratch!
The best part of this dip? Once you have all of your ingredients, it's almost as fast and easy to make as tearing open one of those dip packets - but without all of the additives you get in those super processed packets.
It really doesn't get much easier. Especially if you have some of your own, Mayonnaise From Scratch! Then you just need:
- Sour Cream - You can also sub a plain Greek yogurt
- Minced Onion - You can buy this in the store, or if you have a food dehydrator, you can make a huge batch of your own, like we do for our Onion Soup Mix From Scratch!
- Dried Dill and Parsley - You can also use fresh if that's what you have. See note below.
- Onion and Garlic Powder - For added flavor!
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Dill for garnish (optional)
Mix It All Together
That's it! That's the one step. Add it all to a bowl and give it a good mix. It's nearly as easy as opening one of those jars, but so much fresher!
To Sub Fresh Herbs: You absolutely can! Just remember that dried herbs have a higher concentration of flavor so if you're going to use fresh herbs, use 3x the amount of dried herbs.
Put that bowl of onion dip delicious on a nice little crudités (sliced or whole raw veggies) of your favorite chips!
Other great ways to use Mayonnaise From Scratch
Did you make a batch of fresh mayo and want to put the rest to use? No problem, here are some other great ways to use it.
Other Football Watching Snacks:
Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings
Homemade Honey Roasted Peanuts
Cheddar Sour Cream Potato Chips From Scratch
Whatever you're serving with this creamy dreamy Dill Onion Dip From Scratch, enjoy whatever sportsball you find yourself watching. Or TV show. Or book. Or toddlers running around playing. Or just kicking back with friends. Good snacking knows no bounds. So go forth friends and snack well.
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
Onion Dill Dip From Scratch
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh minced dill
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients, just 1/8 teaspoon of salt at first. Mix well. Taste and add more salt as desired.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve!
- Can be made ahead and covered and stored in fridge up to two days.