Kick up your Tuna Salad by adding Avocado, cilantro, and using homemade from Scratch Mayo for this Avocado Tuna Salad Sub!
I loved tuna as a kid. Loved. I think I can honestly say that I ate more tuna salad sandwiches than peanut butter sandwiches. Weird, I know. But I was also that kid who never ate PB & J's because I refused to eat jelly... I know, I was a strange child. But let me just say, this tuna salad is not the tuna salad of my childhood.
Clearly not the tuna salad from my childhood because not only does it have avocado, but it's also finished with some fresh cilantro - both of which I had no idea even existed when I was a kid!
- Tuna - Albacore is our go-to for canned tuna, but of course use whatever your favorite is.
- Avocado - This adds such a lovely creamy addition to this!
- Onion - I love the bite from red onion, but white or yellow would also be great!
- Celery - Classic to any tuna salad, right? A great added crunch.
- Mayonnaise - Just a touch. This is not a mayo heavy salad, a lot of the creaminess comes from the avocado, no need for a ton of mayo. Plus, have you made your own, yet?
- Ground Mustard and Garlic Powder - Some great added flavor!
- Fresh Cilantro - Just a little to garnish at the end, totally optional if cilantro isn't your thing.
So Easy to Make
Just like all good lunches should be, this is EASY to make. Everything just goes into a bowl, and then just a good mash and mix with a fork and done, Avocado Tuna Salad Sub! Now it's ready to go to serve it however you'd like!
Serve It With or On
- Easy White Sandwich Bread
- Dan's Como Bread
- NY Deli Rye Bread
- Copycat Dave's Killer Bread
- Ritz Crackers From Scratch
Our personal favorite is to serve it in our Vietnamese Baguette!
Hearty but healthy and how can you go wrong with a Tuna salad with from scratch mayo and fresh avocados? You can't my friend, you just can't.
Our Other Favorite Sandwiches
- Spinach Tuna Melt
- Apple Fennel Chicken Salad
- Croque Monsieur
- Rueben Sandwiches From Scratch
- Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich
Avocado Tuna Salad
- Add Tuna, onion, 1/2 the avocado, celery, mustard powder, garlic powder, cilantro, and mayo to one medium sized bowl.
- Use a fork to mix it all together, mashing the avocado while mixing all of the ingredients together.
- Add the other half of avocado diced and give a gentle mix, keeping the avocado intact.
- Add it to your favorite baguette or sandwich bread and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!