Try a new twist on your tacos by balancing sweet and spicy with one of our new favorites: Sweet Sriracha Chicken Tacos!
Guys. Are you looking for a new taco to toss into your Taco Tuesday rotation? Then these Sweet Sriracha Chicken Tacos are exactly what you need. As anyone who's been around here at least a little bit knows, we are a taco lovin' household. My husband could literally eat tacos every single day and be happy and little M seems to be following suit! But usually we keep it pretty traditional, chicken or ground beef made with our Homemade Taco Seasoning, Enchilada Sauce, or one of our favorites Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos.
But it was time to try something new. To branch out. To expand our taco horizons! Ok ok, truth be told I really wanted tacos but we didn't have anything in the house to make any pico de gallo, a necessity for all of the aforementioned tacos. And "running to the store" with a newborn, well, that just doesn't happen. So I was left wanting tacos but with only a couple of ripe cherry tomatoes in our garden (I got started waayyy late this year). But thanks to the inspiration from all knowing Pinterest, these Sweet Sriracha Chicken Tacos were born!
Also born, this avocado cream sauce...
...which I kind of want to put on everything now.
A pico-less uber tasty taco! The chicken is marinated in a honey sriracha marinade then grilled. Topped with simple shredded cabbage, and then generous drizzles of that avocado cream and more sriracha. Soooo good. The perfect balance of sweet and spicy on the chicken, with the fresh crunch of the cabbage and cool creamy deliciousness of the avocado cream.
It received two thumbs up from all the taco lovers in our house and it was a welcome change from our standard taco rotation. And that avocado cream? Yup. I may be eating that by the spoonful, now. Or at the very least it'll be made for all of our future tacos!
Sweet Sriracha Chicken Tacos
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- pinch kosher salt
- 6 small soft corn or flour tortilla shells make your own! https://www.servedfromscratch.com/corn-tortillas-and-chips/ and https://www.servedfromscratch.com/tortillas-tortilla-chips-and-guacamole/
- 1 - 2 cups shredded cabbage
- fresh cilantro
- Season chicken with kosher salt.
- In a medium bowl mix together sriracha, honey, and lime juice. Add chicken to a large plastic bag and add sriracha honey mixture. Put in fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hrs (the longer the better!).
- When you're ready to eat, heat grill or grill pan. High for the grill and medium for a grill pan. Turn grill down to medium and grill chicken until done, approximately 6-7 minutes on each side, until the center reaches 165 degrees. Note that the marinade will make the skin brown quickly.
- Meanwhile, add avocado, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to a food processor and cream.
- Shred chicken and add to tortillas. Top with shredded cabbage and drizzles of the avocado cream, sriracha, and fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!