A sizzling restaurant favorite, but made at home and on one easy baking sheet! Our oven-baked Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are everything you love from this classic but made easily on one, easy-to-clean-up pan!
Is there anything better than a dinner that is fresh, easy, and has minimal clean-up? Welcome our Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas! My girls absolutely love this meal because of all of the colors and creating their own plates. I love it because it's so incredibly healthy, veggie-packed, clean, and easy to make! Turns out, that even as the weather starts to warm up, oven chicken fajitas would be the perfect summer dinner.
One bowl. One Pan. But the options to serve with this super flavorful chicken and the tender sweet bell peppers are endless. We made these oven-baked fajitas on repeat and were still able to have a different dinner each time!
- Chicken - We love using chicken breasts for this recipe, but thighs would also be delicious. Or even some steak!
- Bell Peppers - Use your favorite, but we love to use one of each for the full rainbow!
- Red Onion - More color for the rainbow dinner, but white onion would also work if that's all you have.
- Jalapeno - Optional, but we love the heat it brings.
- Spices - Onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Olive Oil and Lime Juice - For the marinade.
- Fresh Cilantro - To add some bright freshness, but of course, skip it if cilantro is not your thing.
Easy to Make
Just one bowl, a bunch of spices, and a little oil and lime juice, that's it.
Be sure to make it in a big bowl though, because then you can just add it all to that one bowl. Minimal dishes, remember?
Add Chicken and Veggies
First the chicken, so it gets most of the marinade, then the onion, garlic, and jalapeno, and then finally the peppers.
Add to Pan
Add it all to a pan, and bake!
Low maintenance, easy, and ready for whatever you want to serve with it.
In general, this is a good rule to follow. And the longer the chicken marinates for this recipe is for the better, too. We suggest, for anything over 2 hrs, separate the peppers and onions from the chicken and just let the chicken marinate.
We love to prepare these oven-baked chicken fajitas in advance! You can prepare the marinade and chicken and let them marinate together in the bowl or a plastic bag for up to 24 hrs. Prep the veggies in advance too, but keep them separate from the chicken, and then mix it all together and let sit while your oven comes up to temp.
Fresh Corn Tortillas From Scratch and Pico de Gallo, are our favorites, but you could also serve it all with rice, cotija cheese, quinoa, flour tortillas, and/or some guacamole.
You Also May Like
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 15 Minute Black Bean and Spinach Burritos
- Mexican Street Corn Chicken Tacos
- Mexican Corn Ribs
- Enchilada Skillet Pasta
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
Enjoy! As always, if you make this recipe or any of my others, I love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, email me, or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you want to see more, be sure to sign up for my 5 Easy Ways to Start Cooking From Scratch!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 green bell pepper julienned
- 1 orange bell pepper julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 3 cloves garlic whole, peeled
- 1/2 large red onion or 1 small red onion, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prep all of the veggies and set aside.
- Add all spices to a large bowl and mix well. Add oil and lime juice and mix well into a paste.
- Add chicken to the bowl and mix well. Add garlic, onion, and jalapeno to the bowl and mix again. Add peppers and mix well. Cover and let marinate for at least 10 minutes and up to 2 hrs. See recipe notes if marinating longer.
- Add chicken and veggies to the foil lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165°.
- Serve with tortillas, over rice, and with your favorite condiments like pico de gallo, guacamole, and cheese.
This looks super easy and quick to make and i cant wait to try it out for dinner tonight! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
This chicken fajita was a big hit for dinner tonight! The spices added just the right amount of flavor and we all had seconds. Thank you for this easy recipe!
So glad you enjoyed it, Jamie!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
So simple yet yummy. A true dinner MVP that I will be making again and again.
So glad you enjoyed it!
Lauren Michael Harris
I love a good sheet pan recipe! These chicken fajitas were so easy to make and so delicious - the whole family loved this recipe!
What a great recipe. My family loved it!
So great to hear, thanks so much for sharing Maggie!
I love chicken fajitas and being able to make these on a sheet pan was so wonderfully easy! Great spices too!
Wow, this was super easy to make. We prepped the night before, so it would marinate in the fridge. Came home from work, threw it in the oven, and dinner was done!
This made the BEST dinner and I love all the flavors. It's hard to beat an easy sheet-pan meal so I'm adding this to our dinner rotation!
The grandkids come over for dinner every Friday. I am always looking for easy and delicious recipes. We all love Mexican food. I know this will be a hit for sure.