Ditch the fast food or frozen. These Baked Panko Chicken Tenders are the healthy non fried, easy, and crispy alternative that’s full of flavor and super delicious!
Finally. Finally I bring you these Baked Panko Chicken Tenders, because as a mom of a now 3 year old who has spent the first 3 years of her life without the classic tender de chicken, it was high time she had one. But obviously one made from scratch. 😉
I love how simple, easy, and mess-free these are! Thanks to another great recipe from Recipe Tin Eats, but with a couple of adjustments. Then of course some Mayonnaise From Scratch and Dijon Mustard From Scratch!
Then it’s just a quick toast of the panko breadcrumbs – which is key to making these chicken tenders super crunchy – and a mix of the batter ingredients.
Then, pro tip, use tongs and keep those pretty digits clean while you dredge the chicken in the batter and then the toasted panko breadcrumbs!
Then they’re baked in the oven to crispy perfection!
Until they’re ready to be dipped in your favorite condiment! M’s favorite right now is our 5 Minute Homemade Ketchup! But next time I’m going to introduce her to the wonder that is our Hot Honey Mustard sauce. Regardless of the condiment, I was pretty happy that these Panko Chicken Tenders were her first chicken tender experience!
Baked Panko Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- oil spray I use a misto
- Pre-heat oven to 390 degrees.
- Spread panko breadcrumbs on baking sheet and give a quick spray with oil. Bake for 3-5 minutes until they begin to turn golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, whisk together batter ingredients and add the chicken and toss to coat.
- With tongs, pick up chicken tenders one by one and add to panko breadcrumbs. Spread breadcrumbs on top of chicken and the gently press down with hand. Pick up with tongs and add to baking sheet. Repeat with all tenders.
- Give chicken a final quick sprinkle of kosher salt and then bake for 15 minutes or 20 if they’re really large.
- Sprinkle with fresh minced parsley if desired and then serve immediately with your favorite condiment!