These Spinach and Feta Egg Cups are a delicious, easy to make grab n go breakfast that's packed full of nutrition and flavor!
Ahh good ol' spinach and eggs. It is a favorite combo in our house! Admittedly, we eat an inordinate amount of fresh spinach each week, and a majority of it (especially for the girls) can be found with eggs (Like our Crustless Spinach and Feta Quiche and Turmeric Eggs). One of our new favorite grab 'n go breakfasts are these Spinach and Feta Egg Cups!
As with all of our recipes here, fresh, simple ingredients is the name of the game.
- Fresh eggs
- Fresh spinach - Baby spinach is our favorite
- Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Feta Cheese - If you're feeling super adventurous, some fresh Feta Cheese From Scratch! It's a labor of love, but trust me, if you have the time, it is soooo worth it.
It's as easy at 1, 2, 3!
Step 1: Prep muffin pan and add spinach and feta.
Step 2: Whisk eggs with seasonings and add to muffin pan.
Step 3: Bake and done!
Not a huge spinach or feta fan? No problem! Swap out the feta for some cheddar! Ditch the spinach for some sausage! Here are some of our other favorite substitution or additional ingredients:
- Bell peppers
- Crumbled bacon
Whatever your little heart desires, toss 'em in!
Whatever you choose, these handy dandy little egg cups can make your breakfast a breeze. Keep 'em in the fridge for up to 5 days or store them in the freezer for 3 months.
To reheat just pop them in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds, until they are completely warmed through or in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees until they're nice and warm.
Our Other Favorite Egg Dishes
Other Grab-n-Go Breakfasts
Yup! You can use a bag of spinach and then thaw it and remove as much of the water as you can from it. You can do this by either using a cheese cloth or paper towels and squeezing the moisture out.
You can keep them in the fridge for 5 days - which makes them a great for a weekly meal prep for grab n' go breakfasts!
Yes! Once they are completely cool, you can store them in a zipper bag or airtight container for up to 3 months. Reheat them from frozen in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes until warm.
Spinach and Feta Egg Cups
- 6 lg eggs
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- cooking spray or butter or oil of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously oil muffin tin.
- Add spinach and feta to cups in muffin tin.
- Whisk eggs in a measuring cup with a pour spout. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into cups until at least 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for 3 months.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!