Start your day with this incredibly healthy, savory Turmeric Spinach and Eggs breakfast!
If you were to open our fridge at any given moment, you'll find eggs. Lots and lots of eggs. It's honestly the main protein I live off of. Between Avocado Baked Eggs, Spinach and Feta Egg Cups, or my pretty much daily Perfect Soft Scrambled Eggs, I eat them nearly every day. And I'm always looking for new recipes that can add additional nutrition and flavor to them. These Turmeric Spinach Eggs are my newest hearty, healthy, breakfast!
Do you cook with turmeric often? I don't nearly enough, but I know I need to. Aside from being one of the main ingredients in delicious Indian curries, it also has a looonngg list of health benefits! Not only does it have anti-inflammatory antioxidants, but it's been linked to being helpful with arthritis and brain function. Aside from health benefits, it adds a nice earthy-sweet taste that's a nice twist on your classic egg breakfast.
Add some onions, a ton of spinach, and some cherry tomatoes and this is a pan full of protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin A... the list goes on and on.
Simply put. This is freakin' healthy. And a freakin' delicious way to start the day!
Turmeric Spinach and Eggs
- 1 tablespoon salted butter + a small dab
- 1/4 cup onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach rinsed and dried
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium / large saute pan melt butter over medium heat and add onions and garlic. Saute for approximately a minute, stirring often then add fresh spinach.
- Stir often, add tomatoes, and salt, pepper, and turmeric. Cook spinach until mostly wilted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Once wilted, create a well with the spinach , add the small tab of butter into the well and melt.
- Lower heat to medium / low and crack two eggs into the pan in the well. Cover pan with a lid for approximately 3 1/2 minutes until egg whites are cooked but yolks are still soft.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!