Ready fast and packed full of nutrition! Start your day with this incredibly healthy, savory Turmeric Spinach and Eggs breakfast!
If you were to open our fridge at any given moment, you'll find eggs. Lots and lots of eggs. It's honestly the main protein I live off of. I eat them nearly every day and I'm always looking for new recipes that can add additional nutrition and flavor to them. These Turmeric Spinach Eggs are my newest hearty, healthy, breakfast!
- Fresh Spinach - You can use frozen spinach, but trust me, you want to use fresh.
- Cherry Tomatoes - You could also use another small sweet tomato like grape, or even some chopped larger tomatoes, too.
- Eggs - The added protein and the perfect runny yolk to add to all of the delicious bites of spinach!
- Onion and Garlic - Staples for any of our savory dishes!
- Butter - You could also use olive oil or another neutral oil.
- Turmeric - The heart and soul of the flavor of this recipe! That just so happens to be oh so good for you, too!
- Curry Powder - Just a touch to highlight the turmeric.
- Salt and Pepper - There's nothing worse than an under-seasoned dish!
Easy to Make
Does it get much easier than just tossing everything into a pan to sauce and then adding some eggs?
Not when it comes to these Turmeric Spinach Eggs!
This is a pan full of protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin A... the list goes on and on. Simply put. This is freakin' healthy. And a freakin' delicious way to start the day!
So easy to make, packed full of flavor, and insanely healthy. These Spinach Turmeric Eggs are a delicious breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even light healthy dinner that's gluten-free and vegetarian but hearty enough to leave you feeling satisfied.
Turmeric Spinach and Eggs
- medium sized nonstick saute pan
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced thinly in half rounds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach packed, about 4.5 oz
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved, about 5 oz
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium / large saute pan melt butter over medium heat and add onions and garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring often until they are translucent.
- Add fresh spinach to the pan in batches. Use tongs to stir spinach in with butter and wilt slightly before adding more. Repeat until all of the spinach is in the pan.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, turmeric, and curry powder. Mix well and continue to stir until spinach is fully wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the spinach is wilted, lower the heat to medium low and then create two wells in the spinach and crack one egg in each well.
- Cover the pan with a lid for approximately 2 1/2 - 3 minutes until egg whites are cooked but the yolks are still soft (sunny side up).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!