This Enchilada Skillet Pasta is loaded with flavor and cheese making it a delicious, easy and comfort food at it’s finest!
Hi! Well, we survived travelling cross country with a 2 year old and a (now) 8 week old! Although we came home to an empty fridge and sooo much unpacking, un-winding, and time zone adjusting to do. Which meant for dinner I needed easy and comforting. Welcome this Enchilada Skillet Pasta!
- Ground beef. We prefer leaner like 90%
- Sour Cream
- Fresh corn on the cob. You can use canned or frozen, but fresh is always better.
- Fresh jalapeno
- Fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheese: cheddar and mozzarella
- Black beans (not pictured because, well, I forgot)
- Ground cumin and ground chili powder
- Egg noodles
- Enchilada Sauce From Scratch, the best part!
How to make this Enchilada Skillet Pasta:
Just a quick cook of the ground beef with some chili powder and cumin, cook the noodles to al dente, and then just throw most everything else in a big bowl with the enchilada sauce and pasta.
Then it’s just add that bowl of fresh goodness to the beef, mix well, top with the rest (most of) the cheese and put in the oven until all of the cheese is melted ooey deliciousness.
Ooey gooey cheesy pasta goodness!
It’s basically a big ol’ skillet of cheesy comforting pasta that has all the flavors of delicious enchiladas! Top it with the fresh cilantro and/or your favorite hot sauce and you’re in business. I mean what’s not the love? Pasta? Love. Enchiladas? Love. Fast and easy? Requirement, these days.
This is so good that my husband may have come home after a quick trip to the grocery store with multiple bags of egg noodles so we would be sure to have them on hand anytime we needed them. I’ll take that as a good sign! Also, if you’re feeling super ambitious, you can also make your own egg noodles from scratch! We did years ago B.C. (before children) and before I really knew what I was doing with a camera… It’s a labor of love, but they’re fun if you have the time!
Enchilada Skillet Pasta
- 1 lb ground beef I use 85% or 90% lean. If using lower, you may want to drain fat from pan before adding other ingredients.
- 12 oz wide egg noodles one package
- 2 ears fresh corn from the cob or 1.5 cups canned or frozen
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded I prefer sharp
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Enchilada sauce 1 batch of homemade sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- fresh cilantro, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package until al dente. Drain and rinse.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and brown ground beef for approximately 5 minutes, stirring and crumbling beef. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper and mix well. Drain grease from pan if necessary / preferred.
- In a large bowl add black beans, corn, jalapeno, sour cream, 1/4 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Add pasta and then pour in enchilada sauce and mix well.
- Add mixture to skillet and mix well. Add remaining 3/4 cup of mozzarella and 2 cups of cheddar cheese on top and put in oven until cheese has fully melted. Approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve!