No cooking required and ready in just minutes, our 5 Minute Homemade Ketchup couldn't be easier to make and it's totally customizable to your own taste!
5 Minute Homemade Ketchup that's made from scratch! It's seriously one of the easiest condiments to make at home, and we love making ketchup like this because it doesn't require any cooking and we always have what we need on hand!
While we do use canned tomato paste for this recipe, tomato paste is one of the few things I will opt to buy over making. We've made it before and honestly, it wasn't worth it - the time and cost of tomatoes just made us realize that it'll be one of the few things we buy.
What is in homemade ketchup? Well, ours is just tomato paste, vinegar, and a load of spices. That ketchup from the store? It has high fructose corn syrup - that's why we make our own.
What I love most about this homemade ketchup recipe is that you can easily adjust it to your own taste! With a base of tomato paste and some vinegar, then you can add whatever spices you want for your own taste.
- Sugar - add more for sweetness!
- Cayenne - add a little more for heat!
- Celery salt - sometimes I like to add more of this a little less salt
- Mustard powder
- Onion and Garlic powder
- All spice - just a smidge!
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
How to Make
5 minutes means there's not a lot to it!
Step 1: Add vinegar to tomato paste.
Step 2: Add spices and mix.
Honestly, I think I spent most of that time finding the spices I wanted than everything else. Paired with some simple homemade fries and, well, is there anything better than homemade ketchup and fries?
Use Homemade Ketchup In
Here are some of our favorite recipes that use homemade ketchup!
- The Best BBQ Sauce From Scratch
- Fry Sauce From Scratch
- Whiskey BBQ Sauce From Scratch
- Homemade Crispy Sesame Chicken
Or serve it with:
- Homemade Onion Rings
- Crispy Ranch Chicken Tenders
- Baked Panko Chicken Tenders
- Baked Parmesan Steak Fries
- Crispy Garlic Rosemary Potato Wedges
Kept in an airtight container in a fridge and it will last a month.
Start small when you add the vinegar. You can always add a little more if you want a little more tang.
For the best texture and taste, we prefer dried.
5 Minute Homemade Ketchup
- 10-12 oz. of tomato paste
- 1/8 - 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar add 1/8 cup first - the full 1/3 makes a tangier ketchup (which we like). If you want more tang, add a little more at a time. White vinegar can also be used.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- pinch ground all spice
- In a large bowl add tomato paste.
- Pour in vinegar and mix well.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Taste and add additional spices if desired.
- Use as a side or condiment and store the rest in an airtight container in the fridge for a month.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!