This Fresh Spinach Guacamole takes the classic dip and makes it even healthier by adding some fresh spinach while keeping the classic guacamole flavors!
Get your party hats, champagne flutes, and 2020 glasses ready, friends! We're headed into the new decade and I have just the appetizer you need for your NYE celebrations. This Fresh Spinach Guacamole is everything you love about guacamole but with even more nutrition with a ton of added fresh spinach!
What Goes in Guacamole?
Ok I know some people make their guac by opening a packet and adding it to avocados. Which I get is super easy, but oh man it just cannot compare to fresh ingredients. That's what really makes a good guac.
- Ripe avocados
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh jalapeno
- Fresh red onion
- salt and cumin
- Plus my new favorite addition: Fresh spinach.
Fresh is key. Frozen spinach will not work in the recipe.
How to Choose Ripe Avocados
Unripe: bright green and super firm to the touch.
Over ripe: really dark and really soft to the touch.
But when is it perfect? When it has just a slight give to a little pressure.
But another telltale sign is the stem. The Kitchn has a great tip about checking underneath the stem. If under the stem comes off easily and is green, you're good to go! If it's brown underneath, it's overripe. And if it doesn't come off at all, then it's not ready.
What if Your Avocados are Unripe?
Not all is lost! Toss those babies into a brown paper bag with an apple or a banana and that'll help quicken the process.
To make, just give the avocados a few pulses first and then add the rest of the ingredients.
Blended to creamy perfection and this Fresh Spinach Guacamole is ready as an appetizer, condiment, ooorrr to just eat with a spoon.
What to Serve Guacamole with?
- Sweet Sriracha Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos
- Chicken Fajita Burrito Bowls
- Pita Chips
- Corn Tortilla Chips
Other Favorite Party Appetizers
- Fresh Easy Pico de Gallo From Scratch
- Avocado Corn Salsa
- Dill Onion Dip From Scratch
- Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- Homemade Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken Wings
- Vegan Mushroom Tapenade
- Pretzel Bites with Hot Honey Mustard
- Whipped Feta and Arugula Crostini
All great additions to any party - New Years Eve or not!
So get a kick start to those NYE Resolutions to add more greens to your diet with this Fresh Spinach Guacamole that had loads of spinach that you'd never know was there - even if you're a spinach averse kiddo (or adult!).
Happy New Decade, Friends!
Fresh Spinach Guacamole
- Food Processor
- 4 fresh, ripe avocados
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach lightly packed
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 large de-seeded jalapeno, diced or one small
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Fresh lime juice of 2 limes
- Add avocados, salt, cumin, and juice of one lime to food processor and give a few pulses.
- Add rest of ingredients and lime juice and blend until creamy.
- Serve and Enjoy!