This Fresh Spinach Guacamole takes the classic dip and makes it even healthier by adding some fresh spinach while keeping the classic guacamole flavors!
Get your party hats, champagne flutes, and NYE glasses ready, friends! We're headed into the new year and I have just the appetizer you need for your NYE celebrations. This Fresh Spinach Guacamole is everything you love about guacamole but with even more nutrition with a ton of added fresh spinach!
Ok, I know some people make their guac by opening a packet and adding it to avocados. Which I get is super easy, but oh man it just cannot compare to fresh ingredients. That's what really makes a good guac.
- Ripe avocados - See below about how to pick the perfect avocados!
- Fresh lime juice - bottled is totally fine, too, but there's nothing like fresh squeezed lime juice!
- Fresh cilantro - Cilantro not you thing? No problem, you can omit!
- Fresh jalapeno - Adjust the heat, here. Add a few seeds to kick it up a notch!
- Fresh red onion - Red onion is best for this, but you can use a white if that's all you have, too!
- Salt and Cumin - To add the right flavor
- Plus my new favorite addition: Fresh spinach - Fresh is required for this one. Frozen doesn't work in this recipe.
Do you get the gist here? Fresh is key for this Fresh Spinach Guacamole!
How to Choose Ripe Avocados
Unripe: bright green and super firm to the touch.
Overripe: really dark and really soft to the touch.
But when is it perfect? When it has just a slight give to a little pressure.
But another telltale sign is the stem. The Kitchn has a great tip about checking underneath the stem. If under the stem comes off easily and is green, you're good to go! If it's brown underneath, it's overripe. And if it doesn't come off at all, then it's not ready.
What if your Avocados are Unripe? Not all is lost! Toss those babies into a brown paper bag with an apple or a banana and that'll help quicken the process.
Easy to Make!
Blend Avocados: Give avocados, salt, and cumin a few pulses.
Add Everything Else. Add it all and then blend to creamy perfection.
That's it and this Fresh Spinach Guacamole is ready as an appetizer, condiment, or to just eat with a spoon (guilty).
What to Serve Guacamole With?
- Sweet Sriracha Chicken Tacos
- Flautas de Pollo
- 15 Minute Black Bean and Spinach Burritos
- Mexican Street Corn Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Tacos
- Pita Chips
- Corn Tortilla Chips
Other Favorite Party Appetizers
- Fresh Easy Pico de Gallo From Scratch
- Avocado Corn Salsa
- Dill Onion Dip From Scratch
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
- Homemade Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken Wings
All great additions to any party - New Years Eve or not!
So get a kick start to those NYE Resolutions to add more greens to your diet with this Fresh Spinach Guacamole that had loads of spinach that you'd never know was there - even if you're a spinach averse kiddo (or adult!).
Happy New Decade, Friends!
Fresh Spinach Guacamole
- 4 fresh, ripe avocados
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach lightly packed
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 large de-seeded jalapeno, diced or one small
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Fresh lime juice of 2 limes
- Add avocados, salt, cumin, and juice of one lime to food processor and give a few pulses.
- Add rest of ingredients and lime juice and blend until creamy.
- Serve and Enjoy!