This Avocado Corn Salsa dip is a family favorite that we make for every single gathering because it's always a crowd-pleasing, allergy-friendly appetizer or side. Plus it's healthy, flavorful, fresh, and super fast, and easy to make!
Do you have a go-to, have-to-make, your-friends-just-always-expect-it, kind of a dish? Well, if you don't, once you make this salsa and share it with your friends and family, you will. That's what Avocado Corn Salsa is in our house. This avocado corn dip is a favorite. It's a staple. It's the one thing that is on every party and BBQ menu. Then there's the best part: It's ok for every special diet. It's vegan, it's paleo, it's nut free, and it's gluten free. And most importantly, it's freakin' tasty.
- Corn - Frozen or fresh is our favorite for this recipe. You can of course also use canned, but if you don't have access to fresh, frozen in our opinion is the next best.
- Red Bell Pepper - Red is our favorite but you could also use another sweet bell pepper like yellow or orange. We love the pop of red color!
- Black Olives - They add the perfect salty briny touch!
- Onion - We love white onion for this, but you could also use a sweet yellow.
- Avocados - Make sure your avocados are nice and ripe to add a nice creaminess!
- Garlic - Fresh is of course our preferred for this recipe, but you can also use jarred or even garlic powder. See recipe notes for substitutions.
- Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, and Apple Cider Vinegar- For a light, bright, slightly acidic tangy dressing.
- Salt, Pepper, and Oregano
As with all of our recipes, this Avocado Corn Salsa is fresh, healthy, and bright!
Easy to Make
Even better than how healthy and fresh this corn avocado salsa is, is how fast and easy it is to make!
Step 1: Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Step 2: Add the corn, red pepper, onion, and olives to a large bowl, add the dressing, and mix.
This is where you can stop to prepare this avocado dip in advance. This will store in your fridge well a day in advance! You could also prep the dressing on its own and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Step 3: An hour (or less) before you're ready to serve, add your diced avocados and mix!
This Avocado Corn Salsa is the perfect corn avocado dip! Creamy avocado, soft briny olives, sweet crunchy red peppers and onion, and then a perfectly medium-textured corn all mixed with a dressing that salty, tangy, garlicky, citrusy dressing. Pair it with your favorite flour tortilla chips, corn tortilla chips, pita chips, baguette slices, or if you want an even healthier option, even celery makes a delicious vehicle.
Trust me. If you're looking for a healthy crowd-pleasing snack, This. Is. IT. Did I mention that it's also vegan, gluten free, and paleo? It's truly a crowd-pleasing snack!
Other Avocado Favorites
- Fresh Spinach Guacamole
- Avocado Pasta Salad
- Avocado Chicken Chopped Salad
- Avocado Tuna Salad Sub
- Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
Any! 16 oz is what we use for this recipe, which is about 2 ears or corn, a little over 1 can, or 1 1/2 cups. We prefer fresh or frozen over canned.
Yes. Boil or grill your fresh corn on the cobs before removing the kernels from the cobs.
Yup! You can use another sweet bell pepper like yellow or orange. Green isn't right for this recipe.
Yes! Make everything a day in advance, just add the avocados right before you're ready to serve. You can make the dressing up to 4 days in advance.
This avocado dip is of course best fresh, but will keep for up to 2-3 days in the fridge. The next day the avocados will start to brown a little, but the taste is still delicious!
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 16 oz package of frozen corn thawed – or 3-4 ears of fresh corn roasted
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small white onion diced
- 5-6 oz black olives sliced 1 cup of black olives from the olive bar
- 4 medium avocados peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the corn, olives, red bell pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat.
- An hour before ready to serve, add cubed avocado and mix well.
- Serve with bread, chips, or vegetables.
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!