Avocado Corn Salsa: Healthy, flavorful, fresh, bright, vegan, gluten free, paleo, and nut free. The perfect crowd pleasing party snack!
Do you have a go-to, have-to-make, your-friends-just-always-expect-it, kind of a dish? Well, if you don’t, once you make this salsa and share it with your friends and family, you will. That’s what Avocado Corn Salsa is in our house. It’s a favorite. It’s a staple. It’s the one thing that is on every party and BBQ menu. Then there’s the best part: It’s ok for every special diet. It’s vegan, it’s paleo, it’s nut free, and it’s gluten free. And most importantly, it’s freakin’ tasty. Then, the second most important thing, it’s super quick and easy to make. First, the dressing. Just some fresh lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, pepper, and lots of fresh minced garlic.So fresh, light, and bright.Then it’s added to a big bowl of corn, diced red peppers, diced white onion, and sliced black peppers. See all that fresh garlic? Don’t worry, seriously everyone loves this salsa so you’ll all be in good garlicky company.The final touch, lots of avocado. Give it a a good mix and you have a big bowl of an amazing combo of flavors. Creamy avocado, soft briny olives, sweet crunchy red peppers and onion, and then a perfectly medium textured corn all mixed with a dressing that’s salty, tangy, garlicky, citrusy. Pair it with your favorite flour tortilla chips, corn tortilla chips, pita chips, baguette slices, or if you want an even healthier option, even celery makes a delicious vehicle. Whether it’s a dinner party, BBQ, or even a camping snack, we will have this salsa and typically a double batch of it. 😉
Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 16 oz package of frozen corn thawed – or 3-4 ears of fresh corn roasted
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 small white onion diced
- 5 oz black olives sliced 1 cup of black olives from the olive bar or 2 2.5 oz. cans
- 4 medium avocados peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 5 cloves or garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the corn, olives, red bell pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat. This can be covered and stored in fridge overnight. An hour before ready to serve, add cubed avocado and mix well.
- Serve with bread, chips, or vegetables.