This Vegan Green Goddess Dressing is creamy, dreamy, and the perfect mayo free, avocado based dressing for your favorite salad!
Our favorite Vegans are back from their Paris honeymoon! So we had them over for a lovely Sunday afternoon al fresco dinner. The menu was made up of so much vegan awesomeness and deliciousness, including a super fresh kale salad with tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden and this Vegan Green Goddess dressing.What a deliciously creamy dressing sans mayo. Even better, it’s super easy. Herbs, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and avocados make it super fresh and super healthy with just the right amount of tang.And look at how creamy!It was a lovely dressing for a simple kale salad and it also made a great topping for the veggie kabobs we threw on the grill. The next day I also used it for as a spread for sandwiches! The possibilities are endless. ‘ll be bringing this to this weeks Fiesta Friday because it’s such a multi-faceted dressing / dip / spread.It was such a lovely day! To top it off, we had a delicious bottle of my favorite Oregon bubbly with these amazing candied violets from the city of love that we popped in our bubbles which added a lovely bit of color and subtle violet flavor. The ideal way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup packed avocado flesh 2 small
- 7-8 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar*
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup packed green onion dark green part only, not white
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- Add garlic clove to food processor and process until finely chopped. Add in the water, oil, avocado, herbs & onion. Process until smooth.
- Now add in the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar slowly stopping to taste it every little bit. You might want to use less than I did as mine was quite tangy. Finally add in the salt to taste.
- Keeps for about 5 days in an air tight container in the fridge.